Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VSO uses VA email Address!

Rate this question

pen

Question

I noticed that VSOs use @va.gov VA email addresses. This includes many from VVA, MOPH, and AMVETS.

This means the VA has access to the messages between the claimant and the so-called "advocate." This is how close the VSO and the VA work. The owner of an email system owns all messages on that system. So the VA can read all the correspondence the veteran sends. These VSOs are puppets. The VSO is creature of the VA.

VSO's are trained and accredited by the US Department of Veterans Affairs to provide assistance to veterans

http://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-benefits/veteran-service-officers.html

My point exactly.  My husband's digitized records have large sections of blacked out pages which could very well be scanner misfeeds.  Other pages were misscanned where the page was only partially copied.  Three other veterans' records with medical info, dates of birth, SS numbers and addresses were in his file, which begs the question as to whether any of his stuff is in someone else's file.  There was a missing IMO that once we noticed it was missing, the VA "found," but they won't tell us where or if anything else was also stashed there.  Your file has been parsed out in different places, it is not all in one place.  Now, there are nine or ten possible storage places where your stuff is, and the VA has to remember to look in all of them once you ask for your record and get it on CD.  They don't oversee quality control on every digitized claims file, it's a random check system that allows, give or take, for a 1-2% error rate.  My husband's claims file is approximately 8,000 pages.  1% - 2% error = 80 to 160 pages.  That's a lot of pages, and no one knows WHICH pages they are, that could be crucial to a claim.

Johnson is a real eye-opener.

Yes I get it, however it is not a VA problem. Its endemic to the entire health care industry, and any other that uses paper and digitized formats. Its not a personal vendetta against 'you'. Your hospital records at your local doctor are handled the same way. Im not saying there arent problems but im tired of always reading about how 'this' organization or 'that' one are out to get someone. Its tiring to read and not really on point. This forum is to assist with filing claims not to bitch about how the VA is out to get someone. 900,000 veterans are in the system somewhere, and a good many of them you never hear about because they had their evidence, they filed correctly and accurately, and they waited and were eventually granted benefits. 

Red herring, broken soldier.  We're not in litigation with the "entire health care industry."  The VA as keeper of our evidence is supposed to be non adversarial.  It's very adversarial to shred hard copy evidence in a Court case where the VA serves in a conflicting role - non adversarial keeper of the evidence, yet the Appelee in a CAVC case that is now in an adversarial environment.  There's something called adverse inference that basically says the VA stands to benefit from actions in violation of the Court's rules, especially through destroying original source documents being used in litigation against it.  They should not be allowed to benefit from a violation of the Court's rules or manipulate evidence.  If they want to change a Rule, do it through arguing the reasons in the Rules Committee.

This stuff matters.  You're plain flat out wrong, the CAVC says so.  Sorry you don't like it, but those are the facts.  Have you even bothered to listen to the hearing?  I doubt it, your responses are based on your general opinions.  I'm not "bitching," as you put it.  After 23 years of this stuff, I know it gets us nowhere.  But people need to understand what affects their claims, especially veterans who started out with paper records.

And the last time I looked, that does correlate with the purpose of this site.

Edited by lotzaspotz

Its not a red herring, its reality. I've worked in health care and seen it. You assume that this is some formalized effort to cheat you out of money, whereas the the raters have no vested interest one way or the other whether you get benefits. They only get credit for time spent on a file if they make a decision so its in their best interest to find something to grant you, otherwise the hours they spend are not credited as 'work' 

I read Rule 10. Its pretty clear. No I didn't listen to the hearing-I have little desire to do so. The rule 10 clearly states that digital copies are just as relevant as hard copies, and once the case file is copied and certified no other evidence is usually admitted. YOU may not like it but that is the rule as stated. Don't like it, change it, but don't complain about something that is already in black and white. 

https://www.uscourts.cavc.gov/rule10.php

(Note: material postdating the Board decision on appeal generally will not be included in the record before the agency);

So, I have now read Johnson> The court found for Johnson so what is the problem? The statements made by the representative for Macdonald? Any hospital would say the same thing- you are approaching this on the assumption that something is always wrong, or will be wrong, or was done wrong, with no basis on which to base that assumption. The Court did its job and ordered all paper records to be produced within 15 days. Case closed. Stop spreading FUD. 

You've got to work on your vocabulary.  Evidently, you like to swear at women.  

The hearing is rather long, but a good investment of your time.  Listen to it, maybe you'll learn something you didn't know before, if that's possible in your case.  I'm betting you think it's not.