VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU question

Rate this question

melonbread

Question

I'm pretty sure there is information regarding my question somewhere but I'm still little confused on what is the difference between TDIU and P&T?

I thought when you are granted TDIU you are automatically 100% and your kids and spouse are subject to chapter 35 benefits? and P&T just means it's permanent?

Buck, 

I believe it would be because a certain threshold was met.  Separate form whether the Veteran can ever work again, he can/could go to school.

Now, if you think the VA uses common sense, well how would you like to buy a bridge I have for sale?

LOL,

Hamslice

Buck, Hamslice, I needed a smile and laugh.  VA using common sense, who ever heard of such a thing.

Haven't slept tonight pain is at a 10 even after meds.  Hating being able to feel, wishing I would stay passed out from the pain.  I know many of you can relate.  

You folks bring up good point on this matter.  The issue becomes very convoluted when there are multiple factors to consider.  If most were that simple say a person who has become disabled due to service connected issues and has other non service related items.  One agency deems total disability while the other states no. Although several have deemed this so, still other agencies, like the VA still gets away with doing this.

This has been discussed in detail throughout several posts for many years but to me it seems that there is never a clear cut answer when you would expect it to be.   SSD is my example as I have been going through the motions.  Fighting for permanent and total looks to be a hard goal to attain.  Despicable really to say the least.

VA has acknowledged that I am IU but not Totally disabled, Department of Defense has deemed me unemployable due to all health conditions and allowed my medical retirement to go through. Un-trainable and deemed too much of a liability.  Federal Student loan departments have forgiven my loans as they have found me unemployable and incapable of sustainable income, yet other agencies including the VA will not acknowledge a permanent disability.  

I mean don't get me wrong I understand the game of denial but when is enough enough.  This GAME will be my undoing and rightfully so.

I needed to get that out as I am at a loss for words and actions. Lack of sleep doesn't help either.  At least the situation that would be understandable to most.

50mg of Percocet and 30 mg of Tramadol and pain has me weeping like a injured tired old dog that should be put out of his misery.  Logic and reason escape me at the moment.  

• HadIt.com Elder

ArNG11

IF your 100% or IU  send in a Request For the P&T just based off what you just wrote in this post.

you should be P&T my friend and you should meet the criteria for SMCs'

• HadIt.com Elder

Well he is   S.C. 90% at present, if he can get another rated 60%70%  Then that should qualify him for the SMC S 1 H.B.  that is a statutory rating   especially if he can get a 70% rating on one disability, but thats hard to do unless the Dr's can opine his other disability's as ''chronic''.

Example I was rated at 90%TDIU P&T  with 10% tinnitus, then I filed PTSD Claims and they rated me at 70% Chronic PTSD.

But I have had the TDIU P&T for 14 years and I am over 55   not that age as  a factor  but  it  helps in TDIU Claims(jmo)

That met the Criteria for SMC-S-1  H.B.  That's   a Statutory rating.

So what I'd sure try to do is ask the Dr's for their opinion on his current claimed pending disability's  his Back problems and other problems rather or not they are of a chronic condition  (which it sounds like they are to me..but a Qualified Dr Needs to opine this.

jmo

............Buck

On 9/8/2016 at 10:04 AM, Buck52 said:

ArNG11

IF your 100% or IU  send in a Request For the P&T just based off what you just wrote in this post.

you should be P&T my friend and you should meet the criteria for SMCs'

Took some convincing with folks reiterating what I was missing in the regulations, however, Buck , that is exactly what I am doing.  I intend on fighting for the SMC. A few things have to line up but so far the pieces are falling into place.  Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.