VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So as I am waiting for a VOC rehab a man sat across with me and asked the front lady if She knows  how to file disability, he was in Vietnam. She said the basics and then she said you don't have to worry about getting the evidence the VA does it for you. I chimed in not to be rude but sir if you know where the evidence is bring it in here or submit on ebenefits he said he knew how to. She looked angry I said look the reason there's years of wait time is because you all don't know where to look and even when you do it's pending scanning into a system that won't benefit this man at 71 years old. Maybe I was wrong any comments? Wasn't trying to be rude just trying to prevent delays

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

I actually just gave Him the website to this for research the BVa.va.gov to read similiar stories I explained how to use the search blocks and to use AND OR with " " helps with navigating through the unneeded stuff then I had to go to my  appointment I'm still hearing that Rep in my head let the VA do it they get all the evidence you'll need it's people who lie right to your face I was glad I was there to chime in if you want to wait another decade otherwise either find it if you know where it's at or even get IMO if you want the only help you get from them is the excuse about a backlog every time you call. She just walked away we laughed

Edited by jfrei

On 3/16/2017 at 4:11 PM, pwrslm said:

Good advice will be appreciated long after the (appeal and 5 years) bad advice will stop pissing you off.

Just hoping his health will make it that long he was mid to late 70s but he seemed in good health other then what you can't see with the human eye