Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC, TBI/PTSD

Rate this question

Vet Dog and wife

Question

My Husband is rated totally and permanently 100% disabled with TBI; he also has severe PTSD, which is unrated. he is service connected for both of these problems. he also has several other health issues which are probably service connected. My husband was in the military in the late 1970s.  he applied for and received 100%  V A compensation around 1997. 

the questions I have are:

1. Is my husband entitled to SMC,  housebound, or any other extra benefits?

2. are there any other issues we should know about?

Thank You for your help

Edited by Vet Dog and wife
spelling

Does he have a claim in progress?

Is he enrolled into ebenefits?

As soon as the C file comes, can you scan and attach here the 1997-1998 decision?

As to their Reasons and Bases part and the Evidence list?

Please cover C file #, name, address prior to scanning it.

If there was a CUE in it we can help him get more retro.

Where did you get the C-File (should receive in 2 weeks) info? My last C-File FOIA took 8 months.

I haven't read all 8 pages of post responses, so excuse me if I address an Asked & answered question.

You indicate he has an SC TBI 100% and "Unrated Severe PTSD," correct? My prior TBI Rating research indicates that the actual TBI doesn't get the SC %, it's the Residual conditions NEXUS'd to the TBI, in his case, it's the Severe PTSD that gets the SC 70 or 100% Rating.

Having a single 100% SC for any MH condition would very likely qualify the Vet for Aid & Attendance.

Does his E-Benefit Disability page indicate a single SC Condition rated by itself as 100% or is he Rated as IU (Individually Unemployable)?

Why haven't you already filed for CHAMPVA, just need the Marriage License? As to your son, has your husband adopted him?

• HadIt.com Elder

Unless you guys requested his C-FILE a few month ago   and you got a letter letting you know your C-FILE will arrive in 2 weeks.

I agree with Gastone  it took me over 12 months to get my C-file and it came in the mail on C.D. but this has been a few years ago back in 2014

...maybe they are getting on the Ball now  sending out the C-file Request  under the Trump Admin.

I mean this New President is not taking any crap from anyone , if you don't perform your job under his Administration the way he has laid out...>  you will be replaced.