VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU and SSDI

Rate this question

Trapperx6

Question

I was just rated 70% for PTSD bringing my total disability to 90%.  I have worked very part-time as a bus driver but have been let go due to the meds I'm on and my PTSD.  I am planning on applying for IU and SSDI.  Is there one I should be applying for first or can they be applied for at the same time?   Any thoughts and comments are very much appreciated! 

I’m only 31 OEF vet P ansT TBI residuals so SSDI has been nothing but denials but now I’m waiting for my hearing which I was told would take years but when they found out about the P and T they scheduled it in August for this December in 30 days. Still unsure of what to expected what they will ask person questions at the last second makes me blank out but that’s why I hired the attorney....

On 11/17/2017 at 8:19 PM, armorer said:

SSDI is a breeze because they use all of the VA"s records with a health-care provider's compassion. SSA is Vet friendly imo, since they can see the VA records (that you can't see) on how screwed up we really are.

If you have 2 - 100% VA ratings, you deserve SSDI. Just talk to your SSA counselor.

Peace.

I have 9 SC disabilities and one of them is 100% and the others combined would be 70% by themselves... hope that’s enougb the denial said they weren’t severe enough but I’m hoping the hearing will show otherwise

On 11/17/2017 at 11:10 AM, jfrei said:

Did you use any IMOs at all or get a voc assessment done at all? My age being in my thirties is my only downfall for SSA 

I was 37 when I got ssdi in March 2017.

I used all my IMEs that I got from Dr bash to get ssdi.

Its funny because the VA discredited his IMEs in my case and left me at 70%....My buddy also used dr Bash for iMEs and the VA took him from 80 to 100%..

Regardless SSDI loved my iMEs from dr bash and also my 70% VA rating...

You will get denied twice.  Almost everyone does.  But on the third try the judge will see a 90% disabled vette..

You have a great chance