VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Am i missing something in this VBA-21-526E

Rate this question

robert51

Question

I know to many after reading this its a no brainer but truth be know I never finished high school so at times I can read something and not quiet understand it... I am going to try to get from 70% IU//PT to 100% for PTSD I have about 6 years of doctors reports from seeing a private doctor after after I was awarded this rate and most of them are all clicked as poor and a few fair she used an old SS form to grade and generally she even says I should not handle my own money  ///// with the new budget in the usa and the most likely cutting off of iu for me I want to see if I can get to 100 without IU so if my understanding is correct you basically fill out the form and submit with all the evidence you have to the VA ?? I am in the Philippines so that is why at my own expense I keep seeing a doctor and small world she works as a private contactor for the va ...

FDC Criteria (Claim(s) for Veterans Disability Compensation and Related Compensation Benefits)  
1.    Submit your claim on a signed and completed VA Form 21-526EZ, Application for Disability Compensation and Related Compensation Benefits (Attached). 
2.    Submit simultaneously with your claim:             
• All, if any, relevant, private medical treatment records;  AND                
• An identification of any relevant treatment records available at a Federal facility, such as a VA medical center.

The Fully Developed Claim (FDC) Program is the fastest way to get your claim processed, and there is no risk to participate!  Participation in the FDC Program is optional and will not affect the quality of care you receive or the benefits to which you are entitled. If you file a claim in the FDC Program and it is determined that other records exist and VA needs the records to decide your claim, then VA will simply remove the claim from the FDC Program (Optional Expedited Process) and process it in the Standard Claim Process. See below for more information. If you wish to file your claim in the FDC Program, see FDC Program (Optional Expedited Process). If you wish to file your claim under the process in which VA traditionally processes claims, see Standard Claim Process. 
Your service connected disability has worsened

seeking Increased Disability Compensation  If VA previously granted service connection for your disability and you are seeking an increased evaluation of your service-connected disability, we need medical or lay evidence to show a worsening or increase in severity and the effect that worsening or increase has on your ability to work

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Don't hit the 2018 Budget Panic Button so quick, the Final Draft is a ways off, and may not include everything that's proposed currently.

With that said, an IU Award if you're qualified, is more likely than a PTSD increase to 100%. Was there an "Inferred IU Claim" stated in your 70% Award Letter?

Is your current and past 24 mos Earned Income below the VA SGI of $12,400 per yr under 65, $11,400 over 65? What Material Evidence do you have that you're currently unable to do even Sedentary Work?

Nothing is stopping you from filing for both the PTSD Increase and IU simultaneously.

Any chance you could post a redacted copy of your PTSD C & P DBQ as well as a copy of the PTSD Award Letter?

Semper Fi

All this talk got me worried I'm also given SMC S which I would lose I just got P and T so I'm sure that would be effected. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Well this has caused me to start digging up my old award letter for the inferred IU but what I don't actually know is  when I was 90% with a combined rating in 2002  they Inferred the TDIU P&T no future exams and disability is of nature meaning it's likely as not my disability will not improve in my life time.

OK,  I had this IU rating now for 15 years concurrent, however back in 2015 I filed a PTSD Claim and was approved for & S.C. 70% chronic PTSD with unspecific depression disorders...this  Let me qualify & meet the SMC Criteria for SMC-S1 H.B. and A Statutory Rating..  and they Inferred the SMC S 1. to me

They now have me rated at 100%  final degree of my  disability's. I am in the 100% blue circle on  e benefit's.

So if they take the IU AWAY will that 70% PTSD Rating be enough to boost me to the 100% scheduler rating?WITH THE 90% Combined rating before the IU?

I would email Jim Strickland over at VA Watch dog  but he has been a little cranky lately in his older age  and ask him this question.

Note:   I have not filed some claims that I could get S.C. for   my reason not to file is  with all my other ratings I decided not to file for them (tired of fight them) and want to live out my life the best I can with my family and friends ... but if the VA Keeps worrying us Veterans taking away our benefits from IU  or any other benefit I may as well file for these other conditions for S.C..

And I am not the only Veteran that can and will do this  there are 6,999 other veterans that will and can do this too!

So Actually if this Bill goes through  there just making the claims log Increase and  When Approved  there paying out the same if not more  when veterans meet the SMC Criteria.

I personally don't think this Budget Bill will pass  its to unconstitutional and goes against everything the VA has written or the CFR's

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

robert51

if your currently rated at 70%  you will need an additional 90% rating  to combined for a 97 % rating  rounded off to the 100% final degree.

They make it hard when a veteran is rated under the 100%  this is why they came up with the IU  for some veterans do not make the 100% because of there disability's  is not rated that high and they help out the veteran that can't work and give the IU AT THE 100% Pay Rate with all the bennys if P&T is awarded , but yet still only rated under the 100%