• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

•  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

asknod

TDIU- Food for thought

Question

I don't believe in a 90% rating and get IU Throwed at a veteran because he can't work due to his  S.C. Disability's & is given the IU & in all due respect the VA should have given the 100%scheduler rating but when that happens we can't blame the veteran  blame the VA...  When a Veteran is  90% disabled there's not much work he can do and in my opinion it depends a lot on the disability its self and the severity & consequences of it.

As for as not working public or a 1099 or W-2  I  could not get a Job with my S.C.disability    therefore not enough paid in to the system for SSDI,   I mowed yards and save Aluminium cans to sell to help make ends meet and help out the spouse. 

I understand what your saying about some that will use the IU System to their benefit and if they could do any work at all they should work,  but Most veterans that recieve IU has  had to fight to get it (WHY?) Because if they can't work b/c of their S.C. Disability at 60%70%80%90% this IU Program was design to help the veteran that did not get a proper rating in the first place (jmo) and should have been given the  100% scheduler .(just my opinion)

I would stand with any veteran to help him not lose  these benefits

I think its wrong for congress or ever come up with this plan in the first place  its just not the right things to do.

Edited by Buck52

Ad

seminoles

I sure hope this is true and not some ploy to discourage IU Veterans from worrying and stressing out  and few months go by or maybe some times in 2018 IU Veterans starts receiving the reduced IU Benefits.

I have not heard anything on this on TV or  the media?

I sure hope and pray they find some other way to get the $$ for other programs.

or just stop giving the IU  But Grandfather it in for the Veterans that already have it  and leave them alone.

2 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

seminoles

I sure hope this is true and not some ploy to discourage IU Veterans from worrying and stressing out  and few months go by or maybe some times in 2018 IU Veterans starts receiving the reduced IU Benefits.

I have not heard anything on this on TV or  the media?

I sure hope and pray they find some other way to get the $$ for other programs.

or just stop giving the IU  But Grandfather it in for the Veterans that already have it  and leave them alone.

I don't believe crap until I hear an official squash and it hasn't passed or was removed from the legislation officially. I am with you on that one Buck.  I also don't trust the damn VA and went from 70-90 IU PT and have items still deferred still doesn't make it right even if I end up at 100% PT for the rest of the IU veterans.........complete bs.  My opinion is and always will be that IU veterans are the most vulnerable veterans of all,  they have the inability to earn other income and the fact that no one seems to be able to verbalize and convey that is beyond common sense.  If they had labeled it something other than unemployable then it would have not been so hard to come after???  absurd really.

• Like 1

I agree with you seminoles...right on!