Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can a DBQ trigger a C&P exam?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

I've just hired an independent doctor to fill out a Disability Benefits Questionnaire-DBQ to get an increase in lower lumbar/radiculopathy SC.

I've read a few horror stories where vets have had a DBQ done, only to find themselves at a C&P exam which resulted in reduced %.

Has anyone had this experience? Details please.

All comments welcome as well.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

Anything is possible but if your IMO doctor writes a good DBQ format style report I think that is a good idea if you want an increase.  When VA C&P doctors do those they usually minimize your disability.  What is your back rated now and what are you going for?  A lot of back ratings depends on ROM and the number of days a month you are confined to bed.  This is really old time thinking but this is the VA.  What is your overall objective since you are 190% now?  Are you trying for a higher rating of SMC?

john, my lower lumbar is rated at 20%, and spinal canal stenosis is at 20% as well.

I'm 90% Scheduler, P&T IU.

My goal is 100% scheduler.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

P.S., I don't get anything for SMC.

Edited by allansc2005

I was 90% P and T IU SMC S and when I filed for an Adjustment disorder it triggered one DBQ which then in turn triggered two increases for my TBI residuals and my PTSD. Now today I am 100% scheduler P and T and SMC S ...

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually in most cases for increase a DBQ will trigger a C&P...You should be getting the letter any day now don't worry C&P Exams are good  especially if you have a favorable DBQ ...> Beware the examiner may examine your ROM 

jfrei, how do you know that your at 100% scheduler?

what % & did they assign for the Adjustment Disorder?

As for as I know the only way to get the SMC  Is have a 100% S.C. Rating and another separate & distinct S.C. rating at 60% or higher.

Unless you got the SMC WITH THE 90% I.U. & they assign the SMC S because of the severity of one of your S.C. Disabilitys?

With Exception of the SMC-K for E.D.  that SMC is only service connected at 0% but paid an additional 103 month on top of your other ratings.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

10 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Usually in most cases for increase a DBQ will trigger a C&P...You should be getting the letter any day now don't worry C&P Exams are good  especially if you have a favorable DBQ ...> Beware the examiner may examine your ROM 

jfrei, how do you know that your at 100% scheduler?

what % & did they assign for the Adjustment Disorder?

As for as I know the only way to get the SMC  Is have a 100% S.C. Rating and another separate & distinct S.C. rating at 60% or higher.

Unless you got the SMC WITH THE 90% I.U. & they assign the SMC S because of the severity of one of your S.C. Disabilitys?

With Exception of the SMC-K for E.D.  that SMC is only service connected at 0% but paid an additional 103 month on top of your other ratings.

IMG_6867.thumb.JPG.d16f5fb503d6d50fb53b3e21354edb80.JPG

this is is how I know I'm 100 scheduler and the P and T came actually before the increase in June and so when I walked in on Friday decision in hand from my winning appeal with my newborn and three year old,. The guy at the front desk looked at my P and T decision with the new decision walked back to the officer in charge of the RO he came out apologized said it's been cleared up now in a new decision sent out but when you get the letter from this morning just disregard it .  You are P and T 100 scheduler we made a mistake....In my head wow they actually said they made a mistake never have I heard those words...So ROs apologizing and granting my appeal in 4 weeks when making the SOC maybe something has changed!!

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Buddy

Mine says 100% final degree and nothing about IU

They included educations Allowances  and post 911 GI Bill

however it says on e benefits ''Disability's  all listed and what the disabiluty is

but still no mention of IU with P&T  only the 90%combined rating and all my other ratings which only comes out to 190% in VA Math  with two SMC's.

I need to file another claim for Sleep Apnea Secondary to PTSD Medications but don't won't the  headache fighting with them...I am ok with what I get.

the MH Doc contacted the sleep clinic a couple years ago and they could not get me in  so they choice me out to a private sleep study and diagnose me with mild Sleep Apnea  and have me on the old C-PAP Machine.

I can't get a VA Doc to fill out a DBQ for secondary /Related to my PTSD Meds  And I can't afford an IMO  as most Veterans can't.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!