Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Six Attorney's

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I had a recent BVA decision and sent the decision to 5 attorney's PLUS one that was currently representing me.  They all declined to represent me.  Bummer.  

However, the 7th attorney agreed to represent me, AND, today I got a letter from another well known big name firm who also agreed to represent me.  

Moral:

Dont give up on your claim.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I personally think they are to lazy to read  or some just read enough to take the case and when they actually start reading and comparing other cases at the CAVC they get cold feet or simply don't want to read about all the possibility's that would help a veteran case  because that's a lot of reading and researching to do on the attorneys part,  this is why they get paid so darn good and a lot of attorneys just don't want to stay up late night and read.

This is why veteran need to seek experienced attorneys ask about how many veterans cases they have won and if they had a case like yours before?

and also maybe good to check with some younger attorneys that need to experience or get the experience they need and hope they get an attorney that will stick with them and not quit, once appeal error is recognized  then that's all the attorneys need to find and find ways that the VA Can not get out of it or swing the pendulum in their favor.

nothing more frustrating than to wait years for a decision and that decision is denied.

However not all attorney's are lazy  or a veterans attorney if you will ,they are some out there that will fight tooth and nail for the Veteran & in my opinion Attorney Chris Attig is definitely a Veterans Attorney.

jmo

Edited by Buck52

Gastone...well lawyers need to make a living like everyone else.  

Im not unhappy when the lawyers got a remand the last time, because the last CAVC decision was a remand which resulted in an award for benefits, when the Board readjuticated per the Remand.     What it meant to me was that when I finally did get paid, the attorney has to refund the EAJA fees she received from the remand.  So I paid 6000 less. 

CAVC reversals are somewhat rare.  The most common is a remand.  And, what happened in my case BEFORE the CAVC judge remanded this, the VA offered a JMR (Joint motion for remand).  We accepted the JMR, (eventually, that was negotiated between the lawyers.  My lawyer made it clear that (she) would be able to submit new evidence.  We got a voc rehab IMO,

and then won the remand at the BVA (well won it but I dispute the effective date).  

Now, Im appealing the effective date, as I allege the BVA got the effective date wrong.  

Effective dates are very complex, and some attorney's dont even take "claims for eed".  

• HadIt.com Elder

If a lawyer looks at your claim and realizes that even if he wins it will take years to get a paycheck he/she may back off real quick.   On my old CUE I went through a number of lawyers before I found one that was willing to take the case.  6 years later I lost, so maybe the jerks who turned me down knew something.