VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request for Reconsideration

Rate this question

Bullwinkle

Question

Hello all. I would like to submit a request for reconsideration for a two contentions that were rated at SC at 0% in September 2017. I have everything (new medical evidence, VA Form 21-4138, etc.) loaded into e-benefits ready to send but was not sure requesting a reconsideration through e-benefits was the right process. My question is......can a request for reconsideration be submitted through e-benefits? Thanks again.

Yes if on the 21-4138 you put exactly what you doing requesting reconsider for the disability. And then when picking the disability I think your only choice is to click increase but the form should get the point across for what your doing. I would follow up with a call tomorrow to get the confirmation that it was correct way of doing it. I want to say check the Vets.gov on the claim just so you see the new format of claims when submitting in new evidence as long as you have a cell phone that can get a text or call with your number code.

Edited by jfrei

How about posting redacted copies of your recent Award Letter and the "New Evidence" supporting a Higher Rating? Who's fault was it that the VA didn't have your "New Evidence" prior to issuing a Rating Decision?

Was the Claim an FDC, how long did it take for the Decision?

Keep in mind that the appeal timer is still running since a reconsideration is not a process that is encoded in the VA regulations. 

If they don't get through your reconsideration in the year since the decision, file a Notice Of Disagreement.  

Original claim was an FDC, it took about two months for the decision after I filed (September 2017). They service connected all four of my contentions but two at only 0%. I asked for a reconsideration of those two. The new evidence is a medical evaluation and treatment after the decision. They scheduled a new C&P exam for 12 Jan 17. So we'll see........thanks again for the information.