Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Program to Speed Up Rating Increase Requests

Rate this question

EODCMC

Question

I suppose the logic is:

1. The condition is already service connected. Who knows best whether it has worsened than you and your regular PCM.

2. It unclogs the system; effective triage 

3. Reduces cost

I'm sure there will be bugs to work out; especially between the patient and doctor when conflict arises. We know they probably have provided guidance for that possibility, right?

12 hours ago, EODCMC said:

Ham, if I read the article correctly, your C&P exam would be performed by your regular VA doctor. This is for rating increases only...so far.

I somewhat dissagree as we all know, your VA primary care will not do a C&P or and this is for sure, will not follow the checklist (?) for an increase.  Heck, I  have had my meds increased by my VA primary and now I am supposed to ask her to fill out the VA form(s)  for an increase, etc.

Every increase I have won (3) involved a claim and a C&P.

And is the VA doc going to go to bat for you with a denial, etc. of said increase.

Unless the VA docs have a new attitude about comp, I don't see this benefiting the Veteran.  Looks like easy denials to me.

And are they going to take your civilian doc's word for it?  Highly doubt it.  Now your claim will turn into a regular and off to the C&P exam you go.  Yes, for an increase.   Most all my FDC's became regular claims because of the VA's issues, not mine as they had everything from the start.  And most if not all were wins. 

First reports on this will be interesting,

Hamslice