VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Better to report medical conditions while still in military!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I just wanted to let active military personal know that its a lot better to have any and all medical conditions reported or Documented while your still in the military.

Do not Put off going to the Docs while your still in the military, a lot of us older Nam Vets  put off going to the dispensary or sick call for aches and pains  for  (proud reasons or that it was just something we chalk up not to seek medical help .

and THAT is a BIG MISTAKE

...for compensation claims purposes later on down the road after your out  if you had any of your conditions documented while in military no matter what it is..   it makes it a lot easier  for service connection to be established.  if you ever come down with something that you had while in the military or it gets a lot worse

so while your still active in military  if you have any medical condition that you get while serving  go see the Dr's   you maybe glad you did in the future and it sure could help your life for the better.

JMO

My 24 year old grandson gets tired of me preaching this to him .''.as he says ok grandpa I will'', he is a combat medic station in Z Africa under special operations for his deployment to?? he don't know  he sent us a Christmas video and he look so tired out and bored. he said he was in weapons trainning at the moment...and is locked and loaded when the time comes.

Edited by Buck52

19 hours ago, dapilgrim said:

I got off active duty 1993. No one briefed me or explained the VA to me. I didn't file my first claim until 2015. i was way behind the power curve when i started. Any suggestions would be helpful  i was not s sick call ranger

If you were service-connected you can use secondary service connected conditions to increase your disability percentage. A seperate condition that is due to or  results from an SC disability can be claimed.

On 3/23/2019 at 11:01 AM, Victor Ray said:

Thank you. I should have been medically retired and they know it,but will deny everything that I say. They still are withholding the information and I am hoping a lawyer can get it. The VA is simply abusing its power, denying the known truth! Thanks for the encouragement, but I do not have hope for justice in my life time. What a mess. Prayers are appreciated. Thank You!

victor ray

Ray if you could get that VR Feasibilty Denial Letter you will have all you need for your IU claim.

On 3/23/2019 at 7:26 PM, dapilgrim said:

I got off active duty 1993. No one briefed me or explained the VA to me. I didn't file my first claim until 2015. i was way behind the power curve when i started. Any suggestions would be helpful  i was not s sick call ranger

Are you seeking IU?

On 1/19/2019 at 3:31 AM, Ddsr said:

Keep fighting my brother. Never give up. Continue to study study study and seek those vets that have good knowledge. Not sure if you are TDIU or waiting to get scheduler. Sorry to hear about your spouse and how the VA is handling this. Prayers.

Not presently I am only 20 pct right now. with 20 claims waiting

Wish i could go back and do it. But even then my sgt. would tell me to suck it up and refuse. Being young and internet wasn't that big (2003) i didn't know that i could seek help with that. After i got out a year later the Fresno VA hospital pretty much gave me the run around til i gave up and didn't do anything til years later when somebody showed me what to do. 

It is IMPORTANT to document (keep copies) of all your medical visits, treatments while in service and even for minor things that may later become major issues in or after service.  Only send copies of your medical notes, records to the VA when they or you think the medical evidence is needed.  Never send originals of anything or your only copy of something to the VA.  For over 45 years I have made copies of copies to be sure I had needed evidence for the future.