Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

''Decision Ready Claim''

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This was on a VA News letter from the VBA,  maybe of some interest to some Vets,  we will just have to wait and see if it works?

This month, we’d like to start by introducing you to a fairly new program for Veterans who are planning to file a VA disability compensation claim.  It’s the Decision Ready Claim Program -- the fastest way to get a VA disability claim processed.  Eligible Veterans can get a decision on their claim within 30 days after it is submitted when they work with an accredited representative, such as a Veterans Service Organization.

The DRC Program is administered by the Veterans Benefits Administration, and we are the source of all data related to the program.  We’re excited to see how DRC is drastically changing the way we process claims. Hear from Veterans themselves about how the DRC Program has worked for them and learn more at www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/drc.asp.

Thanks to all of you, and please stay tuned as we look forward to providing you more updates soon.

Sincerely,

Veterans Benefits Administration

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with you ventquest, my therapist says they can cure PTSD I disagree with that  but that's the VA Intention, THEY MAY HELP US COPE WITH IT AND TRY DIFFERENT THINGS  VIA /MEDICATION, SLEEP MEDS  ECT,,ECT,,, KEEP THE ANXIETY DOWN.

BUT IN MY OPINION PTSD will never be fully cured  once a person has been traumatize your brain takes a picture of it and its in your mind the rest of your life ( jmo)  SO THERE SO SET ON CURING PTSD  I Always thought that's why I never seen a Veteran with P&T Just for PTSD ALONE.

I'VE SEEN THEM WITH PTSD P&T But had other conditions that combined. and was server enough he was rated P&T and had the PTSD ALSO.

They rate PTSD BY THE SEVERITY OF THE SYMPTOMS 

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Guys and Gals, PTSD being treatable and capable of symptoms improving with the proper Clinician treatment is an opinion held not only by the VA but also by all Major Psychiatric Institutes and Organizations.  That changes as the Vet ages. A Vet in his early to late 60's % 70+ is considered incapable of symptom improvements, even with ongoing Psychiatric care.  Soooo, don't look for a PTSD 70 or 100% T & P No Future Exams if you're under 62.

I have to agree with Buck on this one.  There is a picture planted in my mind that comes out almost daily.  I have been under "treatment" for over 35 years and still have reoccurring thoughts.

On 2/13/2018 at 6:50 PM, retiredat44 said:

I am sorry, I should have not said anything, being just angry forever with the VA, and I meant it as a sarcastic rhetorical comment on a choice that to me is ridiculous. like they give you the choice of a hamster wheel for a lifetime of hell, or the quick easy way of getting a slam dunk approved... like we love to pick and choose the way that destroys what's left of us while we wait and die in hell.... while they just jerk us around while we die... as if we would purposely take the worst possible route to the end....

You are absolutely spot-on.  The DRC process has no benefit to you. Rater (and subsequent actions) usually take far less than 30days.

It puts all the work and responsibility on some guy at the VFW who has never ordered an exam in his life. If he messes up, thet's YOUR problem. IF I were to have messed up, that's the VA's problem to fix.

Understanding the Decision Ready Claims Process