VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vets.gov questions regarding DRO review

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

Anyone have any idea how long it takes once your NOD reads on Vets.gov that the DRO is reviewing it. I know there is a little blurb about usually taking one to two months for a decision, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this. Thanks

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

well it's a good indication your claim will be decided one way or the other soon probably within a month at least......but sometimes it can take another 6 months  depends on the evidence you provided the DRO.

how long it takes him/her for a decision is anyone guess.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

well it's a good indication your claim will be decided one way or the other soon probably within a month at least......but sometimes it can take another 6 months  depends on the evidence you provided the DRO.

how long it takes him/her for a decision is anyone guess.

Thanks Buck. Its been a few weeks saying being reviewed by DRO. There is a blurb in there about the 1 to 2 months. I was just wondering if anyone had an experience with that.

The NOD I submitted for my dad reads "A DRO is reviewing your Appeal" as well.  This was a recent change (about 2 weeks ago)  Several people have mentioned this . . . I really hope it means something rather than a large status change for many in the system.  The NOD we filled is for an earlier effective date and was submitted 8/2016.  Ugh.  

Root and 4My, there's this to consider, info on E-ben can and often does change, sometimes for the worse.

Did you supply the VA Mandatory Post-Denial New & Material Evidence that was not "EOR" Evidence of Record in your C-File at the time of the Rater's Decision? Failure to comply with the N & M Evidence submission requirement would cause an immediate DRO Administrative Denial, which can still take up to 18+ months to receive the DRO Continued Denial Letter with attached SOC/SSOC.

THanks Gastone!  Actually he received a full grant at max rating for the conditions we claimed decided April 2016. I am only appealing the effective date of this decision. And yes, I submitted all of the necessary supporting docs from his c-file arguing an earlier effective date. I am just concerned that so many of us are showing “DRO reviewing appeal”. I just hope that actually means something rather than just a default setting for a mass set of appeals. Thanks for the input!

i will keep everyone posted as we hear back from VARO. 

Thanks!