VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champ VA issues

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Are there any Hadit members having issues with getting Champ VA to reimburse us for dependanat cop pays?

let me know. I have had a hard time over the last year getting them to pay the wife for her co pays and i am getting sick and tired of it.

The mail room loses everything regardless if return receipt.

Jbasser.

John, have you asked our radio guest Glenn Johnson?

I am sure Jerrel has his phone number and it is here somewhere-

I assume she uses CHAMPVA like I do- I forego the Meds By mail and pay the 50$ bucks every year, as Glenn told me on one of his shows, Meds by mail would stop the need for my co-pays ,if I sign up for it.

The meds would come from the same VAMC that sent my husband another vets meds-I get my Px at TOPs market instead.

But I also have Medicare so maybe my situation is different.

According to what Champva has told us, you can not get Champva "meds by mail" IF you have (another prescription) plan.  

I would like for my spouse to do "meds by mail".  The way it works now is very cumbersome.  

She uses a local pharmacy..pays the copays and deductables, then sends a form into Champva and, hopefully she gets reimbursed.  

Meds by mail would be so much simpler.  I wouldnt have to shell out money, then try to get it back from Champva when they "get a round tuit".  Round Tuit's must be very valuable, because stuff happens at Va whenever they get a round tuit.  And VA must not be getting many Round Tuit's because they are very slow at sending the money back.  

• HadIt.com Elder

My spouse had sellman supplemental and was reimbursed by them after champVA sent the EOB's However she gets the Meds by mail now since she has medicare, And cut sellman  the premiums was way exceeding the Co pays like 75%

Glenn was right on  it does stop the need for co pays  but  mostly Meds by mail Makes it so much more convenient ...for us anywayz.

The Meds come straight to our home.  even the Narcotics II just have to sign for those.

Edited by Buck52

My wife uses the meds by mail unless it is a new prescription or I brain fart it. We do have the selman supplement which helps for her medical bills and now it will be put to the real test as she just underwent heart surgery. This will be a nightmare tracking the bills with CHAMPVA since they don't offer a way to check online for bills and their current status. I know just like on active duty, "Keep us in the dark and feed us BS."

I am a 100% P&T Vet and work for CHAMPVA and there is an update to this information.

NOW, if you have a primary RX coverage you do not pay co-pays at the pharmacy anymore, now the Beneficiary uses our CHAMPVA Optum RX card as secondary to cover the co-pay.

Then no need to mail in the claims.  This is NEW since mid 2019.