VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Agents List 2018

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

Here's something to keep at your fingertips, folks. I have to turn away about 90 % or more of those who come to me now because of my workload and prior commitments. However, there are a lot of my fellow agents who are eager for work. Sometimes it's just an inability to connect with the one that "fits" you. I don't advertise as I don't need to. I know if some of you who wish to hire competent legal help have this, you may consider some of these folks. What the hey. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

Alex #39029

VA Agents List 2018.pdf

The law for agents is identical to attorneys. §14.628-34. I don't know of any representative that supplies free paper or filing fees. I, and 99.9% of my compadres, charge for airline tickets and hotel to fly back for a Travel Board Hearing at your RO. NVLSP is a pro bono outfit as is the Vet's Pro Bono Consortium. They're totally free. If you can get a rep to pro bono you, fantastic. Remember, I did this from 2008 to 2016 charging nary a dime. Cupcake and I now donate 80% of our wins to paying power bills for "underemployed Vets" , the food bank or rent help locally. That's called "paying it forward". In my case, it's called buying your way into Heaven with some good Karma. Seems I might be a little skinny on that after two tours in Vietnam.

When a rep (agent or atty) gets your POA, s/he can request a copy of your c-file from the VA. We actually prefer to have the latest "edition" rather than one you have that may be a year or more older. However, why bother? I can see it on line in VBMS within a month of signing the POA. Obtaining a c-file is becoming an arcane exercise in wasted time in the new electronic universe.

Every one of those agents are bound by the same regs I am. A VSO can lie, cheat and tell you to give him a $100 Home Depot card for his assistance. He might get counseled not to do it again. If I charged you 25% instead of 20%, VA would come down on me like a cheap new polyester suit and take my accreditation away-forever. I might get away with 33%-but only up at the CAVC-and only if it's extremely complicated in front of a panel or en banc. Speaking of which, I'm planning my trip back for oral arguments on 18-938. I decided to rep myself.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

A live version of the list can found online at: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

@eli,
You can download the list as an Excel file. From there, you can sort/order by the state column.

Edited by Vync

• HadIt.com Elder

Wow that's a lot of Accredited VA Agents Across the Country.

I saved this pdf

Thanks Alex

Thanks for posting it.  It looks like an excel spreadsheet any chance of sorting it by state and reposting?

Ok, Thanks, Alex.  Please tell us more about the "accredited agent" thing, as I have not done this before.  

Im guessing you contact one of these, tell him what you are looking for, and, if both agree, then you sign a POA.  

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet good question 

Just my opinion

If you hire one  I suspect you need to ship your C-file to them    if its  in CD Format? that's where all the Information usually is. I'm sure there is other records to get look at   these Agents have access to the VBMS VCOLS  I  O hope Alex comes back and asnswer ya..I maybe needing one of these guys too.

I am still combing my C-File   So for I have found something different in t each time I start reading it.  but not the records or Document I need.  but its got to be around here some place.  I also have my Paper-C-file I had got it a year or two before they sent me the CD C-File in 2015

The only thing with these New CD Formatted CD C-Files  They don't have copy's of anything in Pencil especially light pencil lead.

When I was in Voc Rehab  my counslor assist always wrote up things in pencil and stamp dated it ,  well his seal for the STAMP DATE IS ON THERE BUT NOTHING TO GO WITH IT.  GRrrrrrrrrr

I didn't know at that time to always use dark ink back then or type out...  it was around 2000./2001

Edited by Buck52