• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic PTSD & Severe Depression Disorder

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not sure what to do here?

Today 10/25/18 I was diagnosed with ''Severe Depression''

I was diagnosed with Chronic PTSD...June 10th 2015...today I was at the VAMC  and my L.C.S.W. SW 4 Mention to me I Had Severe Depression....I'm already S.C. for PTSD AT 70%

WE CAN'T HAVE TWO MH Ratings correct?

I said nothing about a claim or indicate I was filing a Claim.

I have not been sent a C&P for Re Evaluation  not sure if I will?

but having a Severe Depression Disorder Don't set to well with me...Do you think they will take my PTSD SC Away and reduce me to Depressions? not sure what the rating would be for severe Depressions but I think its the same criteria as PTSD  O% 10& 30% 50% 70% AND 100% 

I Have 70% S,C.PTSD  At Present.

Anybody know what they will do?  I have not read my  VA Notes yet won't be Available  until Monday the 29th

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That GeekySquid

VA Physiotherapist /Phyistrist  and L.C.S.W. usually don't use the word ''Cure''they use word ''Improved''    As shown tremendous Improvement.

I can't relate to PTSD @Buck52 and @GeekySquid and anyone else who does suffer from PTSD, I suffer from depression for chronic pain. All I know is that depression sucks, people really don't understand what it is like. I wish there was a magic cure for PTSD and depression but I know there is not. I just try to deal with the best I can. I am still trying to find the right doctor to help me with my problems. Once I find the right doctor I will file for depression with the VA just need to find a doctor who will do the paperwork so I can file a claim. But honestly I would gladly give up all my VA benefits if I could rid myself of all these problems, the money is not enough (no matter how much) to have to live with all these problems. 

I am glad you have found a good therapist to help you and I hope it will find you the peace you deserve. I prey that all those who suffer from PTSD and depression the peace you have earned and deserve. After all you have given so much already for your country. Stay strong!

9 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

I am still trying to find the right doctor to help me with my problems.

@paulstrgn

I have to ask, are you rated at all for depression? or any MH condition?

I can't rightly remember all your conditions but google them with the phrase

VA rating Depression Secondary to ZZZZZZZ condition.

Many physical problems have depression as a secondary. yours might.

Either way what I would suggest is that if you are NOT rated on any mental health issue at this time, you fill out an Intent to File to hold the earliest possible effective date. You have a year to file the actual claim and keep that date. Later you may try for an EDD if applicable.

@GeekySquid No I have not been rated yet for depression, honestly I finally stopped ignoring my issues and decided to seek help. I have chronic pain for DDD, every day I am in pain some worse than others. On a good day I would say I am an 8 a bad day which is more often than not a 10. I have been on medical leave for more than 8 weeks in the last year, I was denied 60% for IVDS because they said it would be stacking since I already receive 20% for both upper legs and 20% for both lower legs for nerve issues from my back. They said it would lower it from 70% to 60% if they approved it. I am also currently on a medical accommodation and am able to work from home, but even that is challenging since I have a hard time sitting for any length of time. 

I did file an intent to file so I do have a start date. It seems like I have so many medical issues going that it is hard to keep them straight. My blood pressure is out of control because of the pain I go through, it has been as high as 217. I have been working on trying to control it but am having a hard time.  

23 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

My blood pressure is out of control because of the pain I go through, it has been as high as 217

Not trying to be nosy or rude with this, but because of your rated conditions are you out of shape? have high cholesterol and triglycerides? Blood Sugar issues? possible Diabetes? pre-diabetes?

if so look into "Resistant Starch" and "Fish oil" to help reduce your chances of stroke and improve your insulin resistance to help prevent diabetic damage.

LOL...you are not being rude. Yes I am out of shape because of the pain, I need to find a pool to exercise in. I have had a pool before and found that it is easier on my body. My cholesterol is still okay and so is my blood sugar, I do get my physical every year. I will look into resistant starch (not heard of that before) and fish oil. I already take a handful of pills each day, besides blood pressure I take a multi vitamin and joint medicine. Thanks for the advice @GeekySquid