• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic PTSD & Severe Depression Disorder

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not sure what to do here?

Today 10/25/18 I was diagnosed with ''Severe Depression''

I was diagnosed with Chronic PTSD...June 10th 2015...today I was at the VAMC  and my L.C.S.W. SW 4 Mention to me I Had Severe Depression....I'm already S.C. for PTSD AT 70%

WE CAN'T HAVE TWO MH Ratings correct?

I said nothing about a claim or indicate I was filing a Claim.

I have not been sent a C&P for Re Evaluation  not sure if I will?

but having a Severe Depression Disorder Don't set to well with me...Do you think they will take my PTSD SC Away and reduce me to Depressions? not sure what the rating would be for severe Depressions but I think its the same criteria as PTSD  O% 10& 30% 50% 70% AND 100% 

I Have 70% S,C.PTSD  At Present.

Anybody know what they will do?  I have not read my  VA Notes yet won't be Available  until Monday the 29th

7 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I am not going to worry about if I improve and the R.O. Sends me to a C&P for reevaluation and possibly reduce my benefits by showing improvement

@Buck52

I am going to ask you to seriously think about my next sentence.

Have you ever known a single veteran whose PTSD has improved so much that the VA has decreased their rating? 

I don't mean a vet with 50 physical problems, some of which got better, I mean PTSD improving so much it takes a 20% or 30% dip in symptoms?

I am going to bet the answer is no, or that veteran is not telling the whole story about why their rating was decreased.

Do what you said, don't worry about it. Try to improve. You are old enough the VA is not going to come after your compensation based on age alone. They would have to have found out that you were defrauding them, which I know is not true just based on what you post on here and have for a long time. No one could fake this that well for that long. LOL

• HadIt.com Elder

No ,not that I can think of?

although some veterans do get C&P for Reevaluation, but its the younger veterans from what I've notice , I don't know of any older veterans a reduction happen to that were S.C For PTSD/Depression.

Yes I want to get better and start feeling better and getting a good nights rest , if I was a millionaire I'd give a million dollars for a good 9/12 hours uninterrupted sleep.

No  no fraud from me ,everything I mention is the truth.

I personally don't see how a veteran especially a combat vet would use fraud to claim PTSD?...  most of us are in denial with it as it is....or at least I was for years and years  and its likely as to why I am having a hard time with it   which rings true for many Veterans.

Buck, 

.  “most of us are in denial with it as it is....or at least I was for years and years  and its likely as to why I am having a hard time with it   which rings true for many Veterans”

this is so true! I was in major denial for the longest time.  It wasn’t until I found a great psychiatrist that really put things into perspective for me that I realized that what I was going through was PTSD.  I honestly went through life thinking I was crazy, with the paranoia, nightmares and anxiety. Luckily, I now have a support system that helps me. I’m still young (36),  but I hope that I can find some healing, so that going out with my kids isn’t such a big ordeal, or so that I can finally sleep at night.  I do have days that I feel good, but they are rare, most days I feel like a train that’s lost control of its brakes and barely makes it through sketchy turns alive.  I was also in denial, because I’d rather pretend I’m okay than deal with the trauma.  

PTSD is such a giant monster for any individual to deal with. Having groups like the people on Hadit. And anyone willing to listen without judgement is huge!  I hope that one day we can have a solution for PTSD, until then I feel like each day is just about survival, if I survive than I did well. 

2 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

get C&P for Reevaluation

PTSD rated folks, and I assume other MH rated folks, are supposed to reevaluated every 5 years or so depending on their percentage. AT 100% like myself, you are P&T. No more PTSD Reviews. The last  (and only ) C&P Review I have had was the one that led me to find Hadit. It bumped me from 70% to 100% P&T for PTSD.

At 55/56 the VA will as a rule not come after a veteran to reduce their compensation. That does not mean for injuries that are not P&T they won't do a Review C&P. Some things do get better with time. I am over that age but the review was in my favor.

You and I have spoken in private message. I know in the bottom of my cold black heart that there is nothing fraudulent about you or your claims.

Not every combat vet was negatively affected by what they saw or did in country. Those people may not be bad people, they just dealt/deal with what they saw/did in a different way. That said, some folks got out and did their thing and indeed later in life decided that there was a VA gravy train and they wanted on it.

How many of those type people are there? No one knows for sure but we get the stories in the papers occasionally about a veteran defrauding the VA and since it is usually in amounts near or over 100K you know they have been at it for a while.

All in all, keep working your program as long as you are gaining ground. Look for personal peace and I hope to know you when you begin to enjoy life again.

• HadIt.com Elder

* ''Through the looking glass'' Roger that

I do think I finally got a good caring therapist  she loves helping veterans and she could make a lot more $$$ than she does  with a Masters Degree ( just in case) or to fall back on...

I ask her about that,(Masters Degree )hanging up in her office wall  she said she stayed in school to get her Masters@ KSU Kentucky State University..and took a physiology class' sand became assess with Mental Health and  how the Mind operates and not operate  LOL...did a required course and certified and was license And became a L.C.S.W. class S-W-4   that's the highest in her field as a Social Worker.

She is the supervisor over 10 VA Therapist L.C.S.W. she has been doing this over 25 years and said no better place to work for helping Veterans  its what she loves.

*''GeekySquid''

Roger That,

I will stick to it, if it helps me use the tools to get by or new tools I never knew about  its better than nothing.....I personally don't think there's a true cure for PTSD just a Mask so -to -speak  of different tools to learn to live with it/cope with it and hopefully keep us alive.and go on with our lives.

Edited by Buck52