• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic PTSD & Severe Depression Disorder

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not sure what to do here?

Today 10/25/18 I was diagnosed with ''Severe Depression''

I was diagnosed with Chronic PTSD...June 10th 2015...today I was at the VAMC  and my L.C.S.W. SW 4 Mention to me I Had Severe Depression....I'm already S.C. for PTSD AT 70%

WE CAN'T HAVE TWO MH Ratings correct?

I said nothing about a claim or indicate I was filing a Claim.

I have not been sent a C&P for Re Evaluation  not sure if I will?

but having a Severe Depression Disorder Don't set to well with me...Do you think they will take my PTSD SC Away and reduce me to Depressions? not sure what the rating would be for severe Depressions but I think its the same criteria as PTSD  O% 10& 30% 50% 70% AND 100% 

I Have 70% S,C.PTSD  At Present.

Anybody know what they will do?  I have not read my  VA Notes yet won't be Available  until Monday the 29th

6 hours ago, paulstrgn said:

Now it is hard to find a place on base/post to smoke...the times are changing!

hell if some people had there way whole states would outlaw smoking cigs...pot on the other hand they are all flocking to smoke. go figure

6 hours ago, Buck52 said:

he had a good point...but I doubt he won that claim

In doing research on my claims I ran across a VA regulation that says they banned claims for cig smoking sometime in the 80s' apparently when the anti-smoking campaign started growing legs, a few people won that particular claim and the VA got scared of the financial future impact.

27 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

hell if some people had there way whole states would outlaw smoking cigs...pot on the other hand they are all flocking to smoke. go figure

@seminoles

you chose the confused emoji, I am guessing you don't live in a state where pot is legal, and with the name Seminoles, I am guessing Florida. I am originally from Miami and for a while lived near the Mouse House.

9 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

everyone seemed to smoke.

Times change and so did how cigarettes were made.

I had two grandfathers live to 99 and 105. Both smoked from the time they were 18 or so and only stopped when they were bed bound. Not a cough or breathing problem for either of them. They smoked unfiltered chesterfields. It was not till the late 70's early 80's that the tobacco companies completely move to stripping out natural nicotine from the leaf using ammonia and 20 other chemicals and then adding back in a bastardized nicotine concoction to "control" the amount of nicotine per cig and make it consistent. All for corporate profits.

Since then our western rates of cancer and breathing problems have skyrocketed. the disclosure of tobacco company studies showing the adulterated nicotine was causing harm led to the first $80 Billion judgement in U.S. History. They award was reduced but it was the opening salvo by anti-smoking people. I won't even start on the American Cancer Society which is more a marketing and fundraising agency and sponsor of lawsuits, than an actual research to cure cancer group. Both sides in those suits told lies and IMO both need to be smacked brickbat for the lies.