Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4300 VA Employees Fired

Rate this question

Oceanbound

Question

4,300 VA Employees Fired, Demoted, or Suspended for Negligence Under Trump

WASHINGTON—Some 4,300 Veterans Affairs (VA) workers have been demoted, fired, or suspended since President Donald Trump took office, Vice President Mike Pence told a room of veterans caregivers on Nov. 26.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/4300-va-workers-fired-demoted-suspended-for-negligence-under-trump_2724418.html

Good!

I agree its a good thing.  I sure hope they fired the right ones!!!  I have seen an improvement in medical care at my local VAMC.  

Many of those rotten apples stunk up the whole VA.  I think there are a couple hundred thousand VA employees, so that was about 2% of them stinking it up.  

However, I think there are still more.  Reason:  10 plus years ago, my son had "glitches" in his Ch.35 education payments.  That was fixed, right?  Wrong.  More bad apples in IT (computers), Chap.35.   Ten years and still the same glitches??????  Can anyone say that is good management????  

Oh, wait.  Maybe they were different glitches.   Im sure that really matters to Vets trying to go to school and getting evicted since VA again failed to keep its promises.  More need fired.  

Edited by broncovet

The OAWB has to hear from vets themselves-

or complain to the WH Hot line.

I could not file my IRIS complaint yesterday- wind at high altitude kept my connection from working ( Sat dish PC) 

so I just filed it as a complaint and then got email confirming it and asking if I wanted to add more.

I did- I was so angry I told them I already reported something they did to the WH Hot line- who referred my  complaint there to the OAWB.The OAWB is really focusing on a different matter- but I decided what the hell- they have deliberately ignored my evidence until I fought back-with every claim I have had since 1995.

I have multiple CUEs pending resting on a legal issues and reminded that my 2003 SMC CUE sat there at Buffalo RO for 8 years, never transferred to the BVA, but the Nehmer VARO awarded it in a heartbeat.2012.

I am fully prepared to get tough with them.AGAIN

They do not want to reveal whoever did the bogus C & P exam I requested.The SOC is bad enough on the rendition of it- but I want to know who the idiot was who prepared it.

Just to add- I never got a proper award from my VARO ,since 1995 until I aggressively fought back.

I could have cued them on their first denial of the SMC but I was in college then, and could patiently wait for the BVA, as there letters seem to indicate they were always working on it- but then Nehmer happened and the Nehmer VARO awarded that CUE.

It is was a prime facie CUE claim.Easy as pie but they were probably hoping I would die.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I beleive, Berta, the "tell tale statistic" is when Supreme Court Justice, Roberts was "startled" to discover that the VA "takes a position against the Veteran that is substantially unjustified, between 50 to 70 percent of the time".   

Why o why does the VA take a "substantially unjustifed" position against a Vet?????   Is the VA too proud to admit an error and award the benefits without clogging the appeal system??????

I was denied in 2002 even tho I had all 3 Caluza elements because "it was too long since military service".   "Time since military service" is not one of the criteria, and the rules say the VA has to rate "on the criteria" not whether or not we have purple hair or if we listen to the Beatles.  

This denial eventually led to my homelessness, as I could not hold out without a paycheck and keep my home for 4 years.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes there are no time limits for filing a claim but obviously they do use a time limit to deny. (IT WAS TO LONG SINCE MILITARY SERVICE) 

Any veteran that has been denied and has proper evidence to substantiate his/her claim should be paid current  interest  rates back to his EED for waiting on them to get it right.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!