VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need IMO/Nexus from a Rheumatologist.

Rate this question

jonnyohio

Question

I am in need of an IMO from a Rheumatologist, prefer Ohio, Michigan, or Indiana but since it's just an Opinion/Nexus letter I guess it can be anywhere in the U.S.

Edited by jonnyohio

• HadIt.com Elder

Jonnyohio Way to go brother! Take the initiative; you are your own best advocate and are in the best position to make the right decisions. You did your homework and now (or soon) will hopefully get what you should receive. Good job by you.

On 12/19/2019 at 8:01 PM, Oceanbound said:

Keep us updated.

As of 2 days ago, the BVA granted me service connection for Rheumatoid Arthritis!  Several other secondaries were remanded for further development with a lot of specific requirements from the BVA as to what the regional office needs to do.  😀

My lawyer said I should get 60% but she is planning to argue for 100% and also filing a CUE to get an earlier effective date.  I'm so relieved right now it's not even funny.  I missed two days of work this week, and laid around my house in agonizing pain Wednesday.  I'm about to go on Humira, which is a drug that comes with a lot of risks, but the alternative is me being totally incapacitated in the very near future if I don't take it.  I feel so lucky, I thanked my lawyer profusely today, because if it wasn't for her help I don't think I'd have gotten this far so fast!  I'm also so thankful for the care team I have at the VA hospital, because they have been absolutely amazing helping me deal with this crap disease and keeping me working while I wait for the safety net of benefits.   I'm also thankful for the few people on this forum that pointed me in the right direction!   And to think, it was just two years ago I was sitting here at my keyboard feeling so depressed and alone, and scared that I was going to lose everything I worked so hard for.

Edited by jonnyohio

YIPPEE! That is Fabulous News!!!!!!!!!!!

And it shows the benefits of attaining a good IMO.

I only needed IMOs for one of my claims.

I had already won a FTCA case without an IMO and without a lawyer -or and I knew my claim was medically solid but, in any event I spent $4,000 for 2 IMOs and had ordered another one because BVA had 3 opinions for th eclaim( I also had a brief freeby as well from a Neuro)and 2 against, the claim so they wanted another posthumous C &  P exam done.

I rebutted the Exam results and sent my medical rebuttal right to the BVA.

I also stated that BVA had ordered a cardio exam but I got a PA exam- and the PA didn't have a clue on heart disease.And that the exam from the PA was too speculative.

Then I awaited for the $1400  4th IMO I requested but suddenly I got the brown envelope in the mail.That opinion was never prepared and they refunded half of the fee I paid.

The BVA had acknowledged the major VCAA error the RO had made but said that was a moot point because I had won the claim anyhow. They agreed with me that the PA's opinion was too speculative and never considered it .

I recovered my 5,000 $ plus IMO investment very fast, with the retro and ancillary benefits I received.

It might still be the first of its kind at the VA.

I proved the  FTCA/1151 death of my husband had  also had been due to 2 misdiagnosed and untreated AO conditions that they had to service connect.

NOTHING is impossible.It just takes lots of hard work, and patience, and NEVER giving up.

Edited by Berta

Congratulations.  Whatever backpay you get, take some time to think about what to do with it, then pay off bills and see how much you have left.  Some us waited so long our bills ate most of our backpay and we were right back where we started, just in a little better financial condition.  Go for 100% or at least TDIU.

17 hours ago, vetquest said:

Congratulations.  Whatever backpay you get, take some time to think about what to do with it, then pay off bills and see how much you have left.  Some us waited so long our bills ate most of our backpay and we were right back where we started, just in a little better financial condition.  Go for 100% or at least TDIU.

I'm probably going to end up with 100% because of the problems I'm having, but yes definitely going to go for it asap.  With so much happening I never thought was possible with this, I'm going to need to try to get some enjoyment out of my life before it ends (which may be sooner than I thought).

Edited by jonnyohio

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use