Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ellis Clinic IMO/IME

Rate this question

wood78221

Question

I know there has been some people asking about the Ellis Clinic and how some of the outcomes were. I am going soon to the clinic and once I get my report/exam back from him, I will file a claim. I will keep everyone posted throughout the process so people can know what the outcome was. 

21 hours ago, dajoker12 said:

Just to give you a head's up, any IME from an out of state examiner, especially a "frequent flier" is always a red flag and will be highly scrutinized; it is at the rater's discretion whether or not they opt to even use it.  Buyer beware. 

The VA is going to schedule you for C&P for all claims you put in.  I had one today for mental in which I had a detailed report and DBQ from an outside psychologist for hire.  She was not amused at all that he tore my last mental C&P a new arse.  I have about 5 coming up with Dr. Ellis IME reports.  I expect them to hammer his reports.  But you know what?  It is what it is, and I will reference his reports often, as he is an MD, and it his opinion.  Not much different from theirs.  Deny me and it's on to plan B.  I suspect I will get approved on some of them, I hope.  Keep ya posted.

I went to Dr. Ellis a year ago, turned in his report, 4 buddy letters, two nexus letters from physical therapist and chiropractor, DBQ from a psych doctor and was turned down on almost every thing I claimed.  In the middle of a reconsideration with another buddy letter, nexus from my doctor referencing all my claims, 3DBQ's and 3 additional nexus letters and one more DBQ psych evaluation and copies of VA medical notes of diagnosis for PTSD and adjustment disorder.  We shall see.

3 hours ago, El Train said:

The VA is going to schedule you for C&P for all claims you put in.  I had one today for mental in which I had a detailed report and DBQ from an outside psychologist for hire.  She was not amused at all that he tore my last mental C&P a new arse.  I have about 5 coming up with Dr. Ellis IME reports.  I expect them to hammer his reports.  But you know what?  It is what it is, and I will reference his reports often, as he is an MD, and it his opinion.  Not much different from theirs.  Deny me and it's on to plan B.  I suspect I will get approved on some of them, I hope.  Keep ya posted.

Keep us posted. I’ve used an IME/IMO once before on a claim. I submitted it as a “reopening” and was granted the claim with no CP exam after filing the reopening.

16 hours ago, El Train said:

You seriously think that the VA schedules everyone for a C&P exam for every contention that they claim? Not if they don’t meet the three pillars for direct service connection. For re opens, but if they don’t submit new and material evidence. For secondary, not if there isn’t evidence of a cureent condition, though a simple statement from the Veteran is sufficient for this purpose. 

7 hours ago, dajoker12 said:

You seriously think that the VA schedules everyone for a C&P exam for every contention that they claim? Not if they don’t meet the three pillars for direct service connection. For re opens, but if they don’t submit new and material evidence. For secondary, not if there isn’t evidence of a cureent condition, though a simple statement from the Veteran is sufficient for this purpose. 

I see what you are saying.  In my case they did.  Because I meet the 3 pillars.  I guess some file with no evidence (no pillars).  Auto denied, no C&P.  I stand corrected.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use