VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ellis Clinic IMO/IME

Rate this question

wood78221

Question

I know there has been some people asking about the Ellis Clinic and how some of the outcomes were. I am going soon to the clinic and once I get my report/exam back from him, I will file a claim. I will keep everyone posted throughout the process so people can know what the outcome was. 

33 minutes ago, JKWilliamsSr said:

Ahhhh ok.  Did not know that.  I am working on gathering my information to send him the paperwork.  My hopes is to get an appointment with him sometime within the next couple months.   I am probably looking at July....just will not have the funds for the payment until around then. 

Did your examiner say why your claim was not favorable?

She said it was natural progression of the condition and not aggravated by burn pits(rhinitis and sinusitis). Ellis says otherwise. 

43 minutes ago, wood78221 said:

She said it was natural progression of the condition and not aggravated by burn pits(rhinitis and sinusitis). Ellis says otherwise. 

Because of that you will win on appeal.  An easy slam dunk to be honest. It is sad that it will actually have to come to an appeal though.  I have been reading a lot where raters are completely ignoring one exam over another.  The assumption I guess is that they have to choose.   Federal does not allow that.  They by law have to side with you UNLESS they can justify it with a legit medical opinion. 

Unfortunately a very high number of cases are being denied right now.  One would think that the VA would see the number of cases being overturned and institute quality control.  Instead they appear to be interested in numbers of cases cleared.  We are working with a government agency and common sense is not required.  As far as how the hell does this go on?  Unless congress decides to act and clean house at the VA which they appear to be unwilling to do we are stuck with this broken system.

Edited by vetquest
spelling
On 3/29/2019 at 8:16 PM, 63Charlie said:

I just returned from the Ellis Clinic.

I was examined for five medical conditions by Dr. Ellis.

The IME opinions turn around time was about 1 week, from the time of my appointment until the time I received the opinions.

Two of the opinions I received needed tweaking, so I gave the Ellis Clinic a call.

I was told to fax them a detailed letter and Dr. Ellis will review the matter.

I will be submitting relative service treatment records in support of my letter, as the clinic destroys all of the records once Dr. Ellis completes his IME.

I am in the process of preparing my letter and submitting it to them.

I sincerely hope that Dr. Ellis is conducive to making some changes to the opinions that are needed to strengthen my evidence.

Will update results when my inquiry is complete.

Anyone who has had this type of experience is welcome to share their experience and state whether it ended satisfactorily.

How did it turn out? I had gone up in April. He sent the NEXUS letter back and I requested some changes and corrections. His office staff kept putting me off when I began to question some things. They told me to put my concerns in an email and send it to him. He basically ignored me and his staff would try to get me off the phone as soon as they knew I wanted some sort of answers. Long story short he overcharged me. Refused to answer my questions. Told me I had to fly back up there if I wanted more information in the NEXUS letter. I told his staff I could care less about the money and that I just needed a solid letter to provide the VA. So this past Monday I call up and ask if they were even going to acknowledge my questions or not. If not I'll press on and submit my stuff with the VA. The receptionist told me again the doctor (ELLIS) would be "on it". Yesterday I receive a message on my answering machine from Dr. Ellis berating me for the questions I was asking, told me that he wasn't going to refund my money even though he overcharged me, that if I didn't like it he'd reimburse me my entire money and said he would then write the VA a letter rescinding my NEXUS letter, then cussed me, and hung up the phone. My wife and daughter who heard the message were aghast at his demeanor.   Maybe he had a bad day. I don't know. All I'm saying is if you are going to take the time to fly in to see him you best ask a lot of questions. He did rant about charging a low fee, etc. Personally, I would of paid thousands of dollars for a good solid letter. I just needed a good, authoritative medically sound letter.  I would have paid whatever. Ellis seems to be unhinged at times. Just make sure you know what you're getting and ask a lot of questions. I did my research and it appeared he was well recommended. For the record, I do have the message on my answering machine saved with him screaming, cussing me and hanging up. Not something you'd expect from a professional medical doctor.  Take care! 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use