VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA remand - out of blue and unexpectedly early

Rate this question

az arr

Question

Ok, I have read the boards and try to keep track.  

I filed a Form 9 appeal in October 2017.  Once a month, I log onto vets.gov to see where I am in line.  March 1, there were over 115,000 appeals in front of me.  I assumed it would be a few more years.  Then all of a sudden in today's mail, I received a package from the BVA remanding and ordering the local office (Phoenix) to give a C&P exam and explain a few things (first time, no C&P ordered). 

Why did the board bump me to the top of the list when I have no special circumstances?  Or did they bump me to the top of the list and this is just normal?  

Thank you.  

6 answers to this question

I agree with Shrek. 

Im lucky if I can tell you why "I" did something.  I would be able to tell you much less why my wife did something.  But I would have "no clue" as to why VA does stuff, reminding you they have zillions of employees, with vastly differing education levels and degrees of compassion for Vets.  The VA is not a unified body.  

Although it's just a guess, it may have something to do with the recent implementation of the RAMP Act which was meant to streamline certain cases and place other appeals in specific "lanes" toward a quicker resolution  

me neither, I never saw a lane and looked for it many, many times over the years and months..

• HadIt.com Elder

az arr said:" Why did the board bump me to the top of the list when I have no special circumstances?  Or did they bump me to the top of the list and this is just normal? "

Unfortunately, you will learn, we are talking about the VA here. There is no normal. As Shrek said, you really should be happy it's moving!