VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why would the RO differ sleep apnea?

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Lead Moderator
11 hours ago, broncovet said:

Lack of a c and p exam is NOT sufficient, in its self, to show that VA failed to DTA.  A C and P exam is "discretionary" for VA.  There are some instances where VA would not order an exam.  

Example:  You have no in service event that you had a sleep disorder in service.  

A c and P exam wont fix this.  Your doctor can not opine that an event in service caused your OSA if you had no event in service.   In this example, the Va would have 2 choices:

1.  Ask you to document an event in service (more information). 

2.  Deny it.  

There is no in service event. Going after secondary to ptsd. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Shrekthetank1 has a good chance getting his SLEEP APNEA claim service connected secondary to his PTSD/Medications.

Most Qualified  Dr's that I know of anyway will nexus the two   that OSA/S.A. can be  and is related to PTSD & ONCE SERVICE CONNECTED SECONDARY TO PTSD  IT BECOMES PART OF HIS PTSD CLAIM AND IS USUALLY  A CHRONIC CONDITION.

Be sure that your PRESCRIBE VA  C-Pap MACHINE usage that a qualified Dr states it is medically necessary that you use the CPAP. due in part of your PTSD Meds,  The Dr  can be a M.D.

You can't have a foot Dr to give his opinion on your Sleep Apnea or that it is medically necessary to use the C-Pap   but I think you realize that.

• Lead Moderator
17 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Shrekthetank1 has a good chance getting his SLEEP APNEA claim service connected secondary to his PTSD/Medications.

Most Qualified  Dr's that I know of anyway will nexus the two   that OSA/S.A. can be  and is related to PTSD & ONCE SERVICE CONNECTED SECONDARY TO PTSD  IT BECOMES PART OF HIS PTSD CLAIM AND IS USUALLY  A CHRONIC CONDITION.

Be sure that your PRESCRIBE VA  C-Pap MACHINE usage that a qualified Dr states it is medically necessary that you use the CPAP. due in part of your PTSD Meds,  The Dr  can be a M.D.

You can't have a foot Dr to give his opinion on your Sleep Apnea or that it is medically necessary to use the C-Pap   but I think you realize that.

Yes I have all of these, just waiting to see what the RO wants to do now.  ty

• HadIt.com Elder

Once SERVICE CONNECTION has been established for PTSD, Then all is needed is a Qualified Doc to nexus the two....>   for a ''likely as not that OSA/S/A/ is secondary to his PTSD''......>which he has sent in as his evidence. someone must not read that part of his evidence and handed it off to someone else....hence the deferred claim.

If his PTSD has been approved for S.C.  before  the OSA SECONDARY CLAIM then the in service event is not needed  it already has been established.   but he don't need that  its the medications  he takes for the PTSD That caused/related to his New OSA Claim.

or other wise this claim was for both PTSD/MIGRANE HEADACHES AND  THE SECONDARY CLAIM FOR OSA/S.A.  SECONDARY TO HIS PTSD

you can call IRIS and ask about this  or the 1-800#

• Lead Moderator
3 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Once SERVICE CONNECTION has been established for PTSD, Then all is needed is a Qualified Doc to nexus the two....>   for a ''likely as not that OSA/S/A/ is secondary to his PTSD''......>which he has sent in as his evidence. someone must not read that part of his evidence and handed it off to someone else....hence the deferred claim.

If his PTSD has been approved for S.C.  before  the OSA SECONDARY CLAIM then the in service event is not needed  it already has been established.   but he don't need that  its the medications  he takes for the PTSD That caused/related to his New OSA Claim.

or other wise this claim was for both PTSD/MIGRANE HEADACHES AND  THE SECONDARY CLAIM FOR OSA/S.A.  SECONDARY TO HIS PTSD

you can call IRIS and ask about this  or the 1-800#

thanks I will give them a call tomorrow.

Also how does P&T work if I do not have one single condition that gives me 100%?  Will they look at them all or just the worst ones?