VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why would the RO differ sleep apnea?

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually if you reach the 100% either via TDIU or 100% scheduler

depending on how bad your condition is??if it will improve?

The Rater is suppose to look at your conditions and if any of the Dr's state that your SERVICE CONNECTED conditions are chronic or static status  or of nature and its unlikely they will improve in your life time  then  they should give you the P&T, if not you can NOD The rating decision and request the P&T  But it sure helps if you can get a Dr to state the above.

MH Rating is a little harder because PTSD OR EVEN Depression can improve with treatment..its not likely that it will  but its a possibility.

*Example  veterans with a high rating for hearing loss   his /her condition is not expected to improve in their life time  (common sense) That hearing  loss never improves, it will only get worse and worse until your completely deaf  if you live that long  ...so naturally that condition is usually  P&T

if you do get P&T check your rating sheet and if you have another s.c. condition seperate from the 100% rating  even with P&T  you should meet the SMC S H.B. Criteria   for another 378.month with one dependent (spouse)( However not exactly sure what SMC -S-H.B. Pays for that now days?  I think my SMC S.HB is or was 347.00 with my spouse 5 years ago but I also get the E.D. smc k  its rated at 0% service connected but pays the additional 108.** month  adding to my 347.00 SMC-S H/B   489.00  ON TOP OF THE 100%  My figures may not be exact but fairly close.  I think my total monthly compensation check /direct deposit is 3.700.

if you do get P&T then there's more benefits for you and your family  champVA Insurance and other benefits  like educational allowance for your spouse and children.

so try your best to get it😉

• HadIt.com Elder

Great , you should get the P&T Shrekthetank1

cross fingers for ya my friend.

Edited by Buck52

• Lead Moderator
On 5/27/2019 at 4:25 PM, Buck52 said:

Usually if you reach the 100% either via TDIU or 100% scheduler

depending on how bad your condition is??if it will improve?

The Rater is suppose to look at your conditions and if any of the Dr's state that your SERVICE CONNECTED conditions are chronic or static status  or of nature and its unlikely they will improve in your life time  then  they should give you the P&T, if not you can NOD The rating decision and request the P&T  But it sure helps if you can get a Dr to state the above.

MH Rating is a little harder because PTSD OR EVEN Depression can improve with treatment..its not likely that it will  but its a possibility.

*Example  veterans with a high rating for hearing loss   his /her condition is not expected to improve in their life time  (common sense) That hearing  loss never improves, it will only get worse and worse until your completely deaf  if you live that long  ...so naturally that condition is usually  P&T

if you do get P&T check your rating sheet and if you have another s.c. condition seperate from the 100% rating  even with P&T  you should meet the SMC S H.B. Criteria   for another 378.month with one dependent (spouse)( However not exactly sure what SMC -S-H.B. Pays for that now days?  I think my SMC S.HB is or was 347.00 with my spouse 5 years ago but I also get the E.D. smc k  its rated at 0% service connected but pays the additional 108.** month  adding to my 347.00 SMC-S H/B   489.00  ON TOP OF THE 100%  My figures may not be exact but fairly close.  I think my total monthly compensation check /direct deposit is 3.700.

if you do get P&T then there's more benefits for you and your family  champVA Insurance and other benefits  like educational allowance for your spouse and children.

so try your best to get it😉

So if I hit scheduled at 95% and this kicks me to 100%. Any conditions beyond this would count toward the 60%?   I am sure I am getting 60% for cardiovascular disease which will kick me to 96%.  So then if ptsd gets raised and sleep apnea (which are on appeal). And does the va math still work beyond 100%?

• Lead Moderator
35 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

If I can ask a dumb question...is 100% P&T the same as 100% Scheduler? Sorry I just see both terms is all.

So yes there is a difference in this P&T gives you a lot more benefits.  Scheduler just means you have hit that rating in the va math for your benefits.  There would be no added benefit if you did not get P&T.