VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim completed in less than 30 days

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I filed an SMC K claim on 5/15/2019, had my C&P exam on 5/29/2019. The case was approved today on 6/5/2019. This is the fastest I have ever had a case completed.

Now I wish they would work this fast on all my claims.

• HadIt.com Elder

Paulstrgn, what actually happened at the C&P? Did you have a dbq with your claim. Curious as to what they do for SMC(k). I had a tinnitus claim along with my hearing and they asked me maybe 3 questions on the tinnitus and that was it; practically the whole time was on the testing for hearing. Yours wasn't combined with anything else?

GBArmy. My C&P was for ED, the doctor checked me and was asked also about three questions. The DBQ for ED also asks questions about voiding dysfunctions, they asked the questions and I answered them. But I was there only for the ED and nothing else.

• HadIt.com Elder

What kind of checking did he do. My understanding is that a few years ago at least, they hooked up some electrodes to you to see if there was any reaction to electrical stimulus. Just a verbal exam; nothing physical like that?

• HadIt.com Elder

I could never figure the VA Benefits philosophy out. You would think that they would cherry pick a few claims  that they could knock off easily and quickly do just to improve their turn a round numbers. They did it for Paulstrgn but for Verquest, nope, let him wait. But it would still be good to know what actual "testing" goes on during the ED exam so guys would know going in what to expect.

I had submitted a FDC @vetquest and I was really surprised how quickly it went. The exam was done via QTC and it was very fast.

@GBArmy there was an exam. I must be honest I was surprised there even was one. It was a normal turn your head and cough exam. During the exam I did tell them how I got up several times at night to use the facilities, I had to tell here that several times so I am hoping she actually listed it (I met someone from the VA and they said they will mail me a copy of the DBQ). I am assuming I will need to file another claim for that since I did not see anything indicated on my list of disabilities.