• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

paulstrgn

Claim completed in less than 30 days

Question

I filed an SMC K claim on 5/15/2019, had my C&P exam on 5/29/2019. The case was approved today on 6/5/2019. This is the fastest I have ever had a case completed.

Now I wish they would work this fast on all my claims.

• Like 2

Paulstrgn, what actually happened at the C&P? Did you have a dbq with your claim. Curious as to what they do for SMC(k). I had a tinnitus claim along with my hearing and they asked me maybe 3 questions on the tinnitus and that was it; practically the whole time was on the testing for hearing. Yours wasn't combined with anything else?

GBArmy. My C&P was for ED, the doctor checked me and was asked also about three questions. The DBQ for ED also asks questions about voiding dysfunctions, they asked the questions and I answered them. But I was there only for the ED and nothing else.

• Like 1

What kind of checking did he do. My understanding is that a few years ago at least, they hooked up some electrodes to you to see if there was any reaction to electrical stimulus. Just a verbal exam; nothing physical like that?

Great news @paulstrgn, I filed for the same on 2/28/2019 with a civilian DBQ and they pushed me out to October of this year.

I could never figure the VA Benefits philosophy out. You would think that they would cherry pick a few claims  that they could knock off easily and quickly do just to improve their turn a round numbers. They did it for Paulstrgn but for Verquest, nope, let him wait. But it would still be good to know what actual "testing" goes on during the ED exam so guys would know going in what to expect.