VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU Appeal

Rate this question

SupaTy

Question

I have a pending appeal for TDIU and im a little confused. I checked both EBenefits and Va.gov to make sure the info was correct. My verification letter changed and it’s showing that I won my appeal and I’m considered Total and Permanent with no future reviews. 

I’m confused as to why the appeal is still showing open if the letter was updated with my new information. I thought that does not change until the appeal is closed out. I went through Ramp Higher Level Review. Any help would be appreciated 

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

eBenefits and Va.gov are notorious for incorrect information and for being weeks or months behind updating. Go by what the letter says.

Congratulations on the win,

Did you look at the list of disabilities in eBenefits and see if the issues you had on appeal now have a percentage next to them? This is how I know the case is completed but also it has always shown the case as closed.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, paulstrgn said:

Did you look at the list of disabilities in eBenefits and see if the issues you had on appeal now have a percentage next to them? This is how I know the case is completed but also it has always shown the case as closed.

I agree They will update that information way before you get a letter!

I was under that impression myself so you won your claim for TDIU and it’s considered P and T. My issue I was on that same boat then I made the move for filing an increase after my winning appeal I made them question how that’s even possible to be IU and P and T I said there will be no improvement your doctors have said it I suffer from a chronic PTSD and had a severe TBI in. 2006 it’s now 2018 I will not be getting improved. I know I know I was advised not to everyone was like fear of being reduced. My take and my answer I know how bad I am and there won’t ever be improvement I was approved for SSDI in under a year SSA knows I’m xxxxxx why put me under the IU bubble I can’t ever work what’s the point. So then came I was sent to four C and Ps one for PTSD and 2 for my TBI and one doctor separated my symptoms and levels of each attributing to my disabilities. So I was 100% ptsd and 70% tbi so some how that ended with my TBI residuals being 100% and still ptsd was listed as a symptom. I have two young children and cannot waste as much time as I did for another three years of them growing before it’s straightened out. Sorry I went off on venting long story short of you know you should be scheduler 100% P and T then don’t let them bubble you up and have to show your work history every year for the rest of your life. FYI congrats on the win lol

Edited by jfrei