VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

[HELP] proposal to reduce + denied tdiu

Rate this question

Fearless

Question

I do not know what more I can do. I was denied tdiu and now they want to reduce my percentage.

I am flagged by the VA as high risk, I take multiple medications (antidepressant, antipsychotic, anti-anxiety)recently my LCSW said that I could not work the  way I am now.

Do I ask her and my psychiatrist to write a letter stating this?

They do not mention my ability to work in my online health records, so I believe that may be screwing me over.

Do I ask for a hearing, or do I wait for the reexamination? 

Exam: http://imgur.com/a/x4bGfv1

Edited by Fearless

• HadIt.com Elder

Just a side Note***

I don't know what I did wrong when I did my claims as for as getting the VA Dr's to fill out a DBQ, for me....>They all flat refused  & said it was not their job even  after showing one VA Dr on the DBQ Form where it states they can fill it out  they just turn their head and say well I;'m not filling it out.,...

so I had to get private Dr's to help me with some of my claims. .

but you guys are saying NOW the VA Dr's will fill the DBQ;s out?

but maybe things has changed? on these VA Dr's filing out the DBQ's?

This is good to know.  I can tell some vets I been helping to ask their VA Dr's to fill these things out.

Thanks to Richard1954  for posting that ''VHA Directive 1134-1 Transmittal sheet   .....>Veterans need to copy that pdf.

Fearless, I would hope that this letter is enough to stop your reduction.  In my opinion, in the letter they show cause for IU and at least a 70% rating.  Can you see about getting a letter from the VA voc rehab people, this would also help with IU.

@vetquest

The community told me not to worry, so I'm going to do just that🤣.

As for the voc rehab, I don't know if I want to talk to anymore people about my issues. Am I just job hunting when I sign up, or is this more counseling with a psychiatrist. 

Do you think I may be shooting myself in the foot if I don't go?

@vetquest

25 minutes ago, vetquest said:

Going and getting a letter that you are not employable for Voc Rehab is a great thing to have for IU.

Am I supposed to do the whole program first, or do I bring them the letter from my psychiatrist?

You may not know the answer to this, but what happens if the letter I get from voc rehab and the letter I got from my psychiatrist have conflicting information? Which letter holds more weight?