VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

[HELP] proposal to reduce + denied tdiu

Rate this question

Fearless

Question

I do not know what more I can do. I was denied tdiu and now they want to reduce my percentage.

I am flagged by the VA as high risk, I take multiple medications (antidepressant, antipsychotic, anti-anxiety)recently my LCSW said that I could not work the  way I am now.

Do I ask her and my psychiatrist to write a letter stating this?

They do not mention my ability to work in my online health records, so I believe that may be screwing me over.

Do I ask for a hearing, or do I wait for the reexamination? 

Exam: http://imgur.com/a/x4bGfv1

Edited by Fearless

• HadIt.com Elder
1 minute ago, Fearless said:

Thank You all for the help.

Just for clarification:

1.  my care team (psychiatrist and LCSW) and I have a wonderful relationship. They've made it clear that they are here to help me, and if I need anything all I have to do is ask them.
  2. They've verbally said to me that I can not work the way I am. I have not seen this statement in myhealthevet, but I will give it another loo.                                                                             
  3. (This is Great to hear)  if they will help? it will be ok for ya... hang in there  we will help you fight this.

• Lead Moderator

Buck and Vquest and Paul are all right on here.  Don't stress out until you have asked.  If they have already expressed you cannot work, then they should be willing to give and honest medical opinion.  If not there are other options!  Try this route and report back and we will all be here to help!

Remember you are not alone in this fight!  We are all at some phase of this crap!  You got this!

20 hours ago, Fearless said:

They've verbally said to me that I can not work the way I am.

You need to see if they will put that into your records. The other advice about getting them to write a letter for you is good. I would take the prior decision and the current one with me to my appointments and talk with them about whether they agree with what the rater had stated. I would also make sure they understand how you feel about this as you have told us. For TDIU have you contacted VR&E? In my experience they had me do tests online and gave me some papers for my PCP and MH to fill out. This is one way to get VA docs to state you are unable to work.

I had one rater state in one of my decisions that I appeared to be getting better and it implied to me that if I didn't stop bugging them I might be reduced. Nothing ever came of it and I am still bugging them. So like the others have said, don't let it get you down.

Edited by kanewnut
add comments

2 hours ago, Fearless said:

Thanks for all the advice. 

by some chance did they send you to a C&P exam before issuing that letter to reduce?

If so do you have a copy of it? if so scan and upload here (that off site link makes docs harder to read for some).

If not get a copy.

As buck said keep in mind the time frame to respond. you definitely want to respond.

The pages you linked to don't really say what their "reason" is to reduce, just that they think you can work. That is not evidence, that is an opinion.

On here Richard1964(?) posted a link to a set of VA instructions that demand VA Dr's assist vets with filling out paperwork, and the would include DBQ's and letters of medical opinion. I will look for it and post it for you in case your team gets skiddish about helping.