Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SA Equipment and Supplies

paulstrgn

Question

Now that I have been approved for SA how do I get the VA to buy my supplies and replace my CPAP from time to time?

Do I go to the VA hospital to do this? If so, do I need to worry about the VA trying to say my SA is getting better and try to reduce me? 

I have never had the VA give me anything (meds, supplies, etc) before. I get all my meds through the military since I am retired.

Thanks for your responses.

20 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

guessed on the emails b

in general that is the format, however duplicate names (sara smith, joe jones) are difficult and when you have a really weird name guessing is a crap shoot.

1 minute ago, GeekySquid said:

however duplicate names (sara smith, joe jones)

For those you need to have the middle initial. First.Middle.Last@VA.gov

• HadIt.com Elder

I am sorry but I must be mixed up here on these post??..I had thought Paul got a letter to propose his benefits for Sleep Apnea ?what benefit was  the proposal for? and what did the reason from the VA say it was for??  It can't be sleep apnea if was just awarded it? unless they found a reason & bases to send the letter of proposal to reduce?

On Appeal A proposal can be beat usually with a IMO /IME And the qualified Dr details the condition in the veterans favor  And or the Veteran sends an email to the VA Secretary  as an explanation why the proposal should be canceled & with concrete evidence in the Veterans favor.

A DRO Review or Hearing at the Veterans R.O.  Would be what I would do after I had a new IMO/IME in my favor.

We never need to take ''ANY'' PROPOSAL TO REDUCE LETTER FROM THE VA  Lightly 

The VA Can and does reduce  veterans benefits ,Usually from a VA Dr that stated he has examined this veteran and his s.c. condition is not as bad as he claims....hence the proposal

If a Veteran does not respond or have a good explanation as to why the reduction should not take place  or the veteran just don't fight the reduction   the VA will  reduce the veteran and some times all the way back to 0%   normally they will not take the veterans 0% away  but this keeps the veteran in Appeals a long long time.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 7/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, paulstrgn said:

Now that I have been approved for SA how do I get the VA to buy my supplies and replace my CPAP from time to time?

Do I go to the VA hospital to do this? If so, do I need to worry about the VA trying to say my SA is getting better and try to reduce me? 

I have never had the VA give me anything (meds, supplies, etc) before. I get all my meds through the military since I am retired.

Thanks for your responses.

Paul never be afraid to go to your VA Hospital for anything  and do not think they will reduce your benefits just because you use the VA Hospital  THAT IS A TOTAL MYTH

&Yes you go to the VA  hospital that gave you the C-pap machine and request what ever you need ,  new  mask, new hose,fittings elbows, filters ect,,,ect,,  or any other C-pap equip you need.

if you need a new C-pap machine  you need to take your old one in to the sleep clinic and they will check it out,  if you need a new one you will be given one...Remember to always keep your c-pap machine clean and your mask and hose clean. you need to wash/rinse it out every day  and treat it like a new born baby  it can and will save your life ,  but keep it clean what ever you do always use distill water!

I've had my S.A. now for 7 years  Diagnose by the VA  but I am not S.C. For it.  Oh I could file a secondary claim /to my Chronic 70% S.C. PTSD  but I am ok with what the VA has rated me, BESIDES THERE IS NO MORE $$$ IN THE POT FOR ME.if I Did get it service connected.

I don't believe in service connecting everything that's wrong with me  like some attorneys have mention  >>That is a Veterans choice , &  usually  the attorney's  will say it's to keep from getting reduced under the 100%  or make it hard for them to reduce his/her rating is why the promote this  myth  of course this is debatable  but that how I look at it for me.

Also  when a Veteran has a disability rating  and files for another major condition  for example Sleep Apnea  this usually prompts the VA to go into a complete Review of all the Veterans Files and his/her S.C.conditions  and if they find a mistake  they will use it  usually to reduce the veterans benefits  and/ or increase his/her benefit's  (jmo)

For Veterans that don't know  if he/she has been service connected at 100& scheduler  or TDIU P&T for 10 years  it don't matter what the Veteran dies from his spouse is still covered for DIC.

For me I am on my 18th year at 100% P&T   For the 20 year protection .

I do have a 50% rating over 20 years  dating back to 1998. 

Clear Prop

• HadIt.com Elder

P.S.

I have tried to get my over all 100%rating EED back to 1998   this is when I first filed  ..ok the kicker here is a BIG FAT DENIAL because even though I was rated at 50% dating back to 1998...they say My EED date goes back to when I applied for increase  2002 & I fought them on this for a few years  and just could never get in in their thick skulls  I should get the 1998 EED when I first filed   this is for the same condition I have now...I just got tired of fighting them.  SO IT IS WHAT IT IS......I'd rather spend my time helping other Veterans get their benefits instead.