Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SA Equipment and Supplies

paulstrgn

Question

Now that I have been approved for SA how do I get the VA to buy my supplies and replace my CPAP from time to time?

Do I go to the VA hospital to do this? If so, do I need to worry about the VA trying to say my SA is getting better and try to reduce me? 

I have never had the VA give me anything (meds, supplies, etc) before. I get all my meds through the military since I am retired.

Thanks for your responses.

23 hours ago, paulstrgn said:

I have a question though...just because you have been diagnosed with SA and are supposed to use a CPAP...do the regs actually state you must use the CPAP in order to be granted the 50%? 

Just like any other prescription, the va will not revoke a rating because you don't comply with a doctors instructions.

To answer your question, you'll need to contact your local VA medical center to find out how to get your supplies and CPAP machine. They should be able to give you guidance on the process and any paperwork you'll need to fill out. As for concerns about the VA trying to reduce your treatment, it's important to keep in mind that the VA's goal is to provide you with the appropriate level of care to manage your condition. If you have any concerns or questions about your treatment plan, don't hesitate to speak with your doctor or a representative from the VA. And if you're looking for more information on sleep apnea or related products, check out this link: https://harmonycr.com/sleep-apnea/. They offer a wide range of products to help you manage your condition and get a good night's rest. Best of luck to you!

Edited by Inakomislu

On 7/17/2019 at 11:23 AM, Richard1954 said:

There is a lot of research on the internet that indicates so-clean ozone breaks down the rubber seals in the machines... 

that’s because it does.

here’s how to order resupply—

https://www.va.gov/tampa-health-care/programs/cpap-ordering-distribution-and-supply-information-sheet-and-faqs/

Edited by brokensoldier244th