Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SA Equipment and Supplies

paulstrgn

Question

Now that I have been approved for SA how do I get the VA to buy my supplies and replace my CPAP from time to time?

Do I go to the VA hospital to do this? If so, do I need to worry about the VA trying to say my SA is getting better and try to reduce me? 

I have never had the VA give me anything (meds, supplies, etc) before. I get all my meds through the military since I am retired.

Thanks for your responses.

• HadIt.com Elder

It seems they might be doing this to mess up your ratings like you and Geeky said. two years for a re-eval on a condition that was "static" sure doesn't smell right. Maybe it isn't out of place to talk to the DRO . I don't have a lot of faith in "talking" to them, but if they give you another C&P and reduce your overall ratings to keep you from SMC's, knowing you are going to talk to the WH may make them re-think. I don't know.

5 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

based on what I remember from our chats on here you should be SMC(s) eligible if your rating for SA is 50% or higher.

I don't believe I am eligible for SMC(s) since I do not have a single 100% rating, I wish I was. 

6 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

they are attempting to reduce your compensation and that is a BOZO NO NO

You are showing your age with the BOZO NO NO statement...I have not heard that in years...I love it! 

4 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

I don't believe I am eligible for SMC(s) since I do not have a single 100% rating, I wish I was. 

right, sorry i did not remember all your situation correctly.

4 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

You are showing your age with the BOZO NO NO statement...I have not heard that in years...I love it! 

yes I am two years older than dirt.

1 minute ago, GBArmy said:

It seems they might be doing this to mess up your ratings like you and Geeky said. two years for a re-eval on a condition that was "static" sure doesn't smell right. Maybe it isn't out of place to talk to the DRO

When they first proposed the reduction I called the White House 800# and when the RO did not respond after a few weeks I sent the regional director an email and asked that they respond to the White House. Instead she had someone from her staff call me and we have been talking on a regular basis ever since. He gave me his number and I have called him as well as he has called me about this issue. I have faith that it will work out but am willing to go to bat to fight the issue. Hopefully in a month I will know what the outcome.

Just now, paulstrgn said:

I sent the regional director an email

where do you get his email from? I keep having to jump through hoops and try and contact through LinkedIn and other methods...

Just now, GeekySquid said:

sorry i did not remember all your situation correctly

No worries...I am still going to strive to get there though.

1 minute ago, GeekySquid said:

yes I am two years older than dirt.

Older than dirt is better than being in the dirt...😐