Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need some help with VA math

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Adminstrator

Just got off the phone with the VFW rep at the regional office and said my Dercums is now at 60% but said I am not at 100% I have done 3 calculators now and I don't understand

tension headaches 30% Service Connected   12/10/2018
irritable bowel syndrome (to include claimed fecal incontinence, bowel condition, gastrointestinal problems, chronic hypertrophic gastritis) 30% Service Connected   03/06/2015
n        

multiple scars that are tender or unstable such as status post inguinal hernia scars; disfigurement from lipomatosis dolorosa; and upper extremity lipoma scars (previously 7805) 30% Service Connected   12/02/2013

left chest lateral posttraumatic 8th rib, episodic intercostal myalgia (claimed as left rib pain) 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

12/02/2013
post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) (to include claimed cold sweats) 30% Service Connected

PTSD - Combat

02/12/2014

tinnitus 10% Service Connected   02/12/2014
left knee strain (previously rated as left knee retropatellar pain syndrome) 10% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

12/02/2013
Dercum disease (lipomatosis dolorosa) 10% Service Connected   12/04/2014

status post right inguinal hernia repair (claimed as pain and numbness, status post right inguinal hernia repair) 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
hypertension 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
scars, status post lipoma excision, left arm 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
scars, status post lipoma excisions, right arm 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
left knee retropatellar pain syndrome 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

06/01/2010

scar with minimal hypoesthesia, status post right inguinal hernia repair 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004

left chest lateral posttraumatic 8th rib, episodic intercostal myalgia (claimed as left rib pain) 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004

fibromyalgia 40% Service Connected   01/05/2016

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't blame you sherektank1  I'd be pissed too, but becareful as GB Army mention, you may want to cool down some before you write the Judge.

Look at it this way if your correct on everything and what they have been telling you over the phone is all correct  you can get your due justice and Appeal the EED and get that too....fighting the VA we need to be patient and persistent.

I never did trust what any VA Official mention to me over the phone  I waited and got it in writing.

I think your going to get this all squared away....soon

Hang in there

• Adminstrator

So I called Peggy today and the person told me it was not combining anything and said to look at my PTSD and left ankle.  So I think they are trying to lower both of those ratings.  So I found out that the vet center where I go to get seen for PTSD carries no water at that RO level.  So I am not sure why the judge asked for them, but I have an IMO for the PTSD from 2015 which stated how bad it is.  So I will go to the mattresses once I get my letter and all the details.  

On 7/24/2019 at 6:21 PM, shrekthetank1 said:

.  And now they have moved my effective date up to 05/13/2019 from 12/04/2014. 

sorry I am late to the conversation...just going over the whole thread.

on this issue, they are correct. when your rating is increased the displayed ED is the date the increase was awarded. Now if you are trying to get an EED at 60% for that item then you have a different battle ahead, otherwise this is just normal.

• Adminstrator
8 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

sorry I am late to the conversation...just going over the whole thread.

on this issue, they are correct. when your rating is increased the displayed ED is the date the increase was awarded. Now if you are trying to get an EED at 60% for that item then you have a different battle ahead, otherwise this is just normal.

The issue is they already had it listed.  They then updated and moved the date.  Below is the original date and the date the Judge gave them is the same date as the scaring.  

Dercum disease (lipomatosis dolorosa) 10% Service Connected  

12/04/2014