Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need some help with VA math

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Adminstrator

Just got off the phone with the VFW rep at the regional office and said my Dercums is now at 60% but said I am not at 100% I have done 3 calculators now and I don't understand

tension headaches 30% Service Connected   12/10/2018
irritable bowel syndrome (to include claimed fecal incontinence, bowel condition, gastrointestinal problems, chronic hypertrophic gastritis) 30% Service Connected   03/06/2015
n        

multiple scars that are tender or unstable such as status post inguinal hernia scars; disfigurement from lipomatosis dolorosa; and upper extremity lipoma scars (previously 7805) 30% Service Connected   12/02/2013

left chest lateral posttraumatic 8th rib, episodic intercostal myalgia (claimed as left rib pain) 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

12/02/2013
post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) (to include claimed cold sweats) 30% Service Connected

PTSD - Combat

02/12/2014

tinnitus 10% Service Connected   02/12/2014
left knee strain (previously rated as left knee retropatellar pain syndrome) 10% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

12/02/2013
Dercum disease (lipomatosis dolorosa) 10% Service Connected   12/04/2014

status post right inguinal hernia repair (claimed as pain and numbness, status post right inguinal hernia repair) 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
hypertension 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
scars, status post lipoma excision, left arm 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
scars, status post lipoma excisions, right arm 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
left knee retropatellar pain syndrome 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

06/01/2010

scar with minimal hypoesthesia, status post right inguinal hernia repair 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004

left chest lateral posttraumatic 8th rib, episodic intercostal myalgia (claimed as left rib pain) 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004

fibromyalgia 40% Service Connected   01/05/2016

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
18 hours ago, shrekthetank1 said:

Why would they not have already have done this?  Meaning why would they do it now that it is at 60%?  So they can avoid giving me the 100%?

I'm not completely familiar with skin or scar ratings, so I looked in §4.118   Schedule of ratings—skin.

§4.118   Schedule of ratings—skin.

(a) For the purposes of this section, systemic therapy is treatment that is administered through any route (orally, injection, suppository, intranasally) other than the skin, and topical therapy is treatment that is administered through the skin.

(b) Two or more skin conditions may be combined in accordance with §4.25 only if separate areas of skin are involved. If two or more skin conditions involve the same area of skin, then only the highest evaluation shall be used.

Then I looked up your current scar rating (in your original post):

multiple scars that are tender or unstable such as status post inguinal hernia scars; disfigurement from lipomatosis dolorosa; and upper extremity lipoma scars (previously 7805)

and then your dercums rating:

Dercum disease (lipomatosis dolorosa)

It could be based on the interpretation of §4.118(b). However, because you already had dercums and the other scars rated separately, I would assume they would carry it forward as is.

• Adminstrator

So I think I see what they are trying to do now and I am going to need some help fighting this one.  And now they have moved my effective date up to 05/13/2019 from 12/04/2014.  Also I have it in the judges orders to move this to 12/02/13.  If you look above I think they are trying to combine my scaring with my Dercum's disease when they are clearly rated separately?  How did they screw this up so bad?  

multiple scars that are tender or unstable such as status post inguinal hernia scars; disfigurement from lipomatosis dolorosa; and upper extremity lipoma scars (previously 7805) 30% Service Connected   12/02/2013
Dercum disease (lipomatosis dolorosa), with multiple scars that are tender or unstable including status post inguinal hernia scars and multiple lipoma excision scars 60% Service Connected  

05/13/2019

• HadIt.com Elder

Shrek I came out with a value of 89.498, or rounded to 90%. Make sure you go highest value to lowest, not by when you got the disability. I used http://www.vvaarizona.org/combined_disability.php

• Adminstrator
1 hour ago, GBArmy said:

Shrek I came out with a value of 89.498, or rounded to 90%. Make sure you go highest value to lowest, not by when you got the disability. I used http://www.vvaarizona.org/combined_disability.php

60+40+30+30+30+30+10+10

For some reason and I keep doing it also the 40 or a 30 get left off.  It is 4 @ 30%