Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need some help with VA math

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Adminstrator

Just got off the phone with the VFW rep at the regional office and said my Dercums is now at 60% but said I am not at 100% I have done 3 calculators now and I don't understand

tension headaches 30% Service Connected   12/10/2018
irritable bowel syndrome (to include claimed fecal incontinence, bowel condition, gastrointestinal problems, chronic hypertrophic gastritis) 30% Service Connected   03/06/2015
n        

multiple scars that are tender or unstable such as status post inguinal hernia scars; disfigurement from lipomatosis dolorosa; and upper extremity lipoma scars (previously 7805) 30% Service Connected   12/02/2013

left chest lateral posttraumatic 8th rib, episodic intercostal myalgia (claimed as left rib pain) 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

12/02/2013
post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) (to include claimed cold sweats) 30% Service Connected

PTSD - Combat

02/12/2014

tinnitus 10% Service Connected   02/12/2014
left knee strain (previously rated as left knee retropatellar pain syndrome) 10% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

12/02/2013
Dercum disease (lipomatosis dolorosa) 10% Service Connected   12/04/2014

status post right inguinal hernia repair (claimed as pain and numbness, status post right inguinal hernia repair) 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
hypertension 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
scars, status post lipoma excision, left arm 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
scars, status post lipoma excisions, right arm 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004
left knee retropatellar pain syndrome 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

06/01/2010

scar with minimal hypoesthesia, status post right inguinal hernia repair 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004

left chest lateral posttraumatic 8th rib, episodic intercostal myalgia (claimed as left rib pain) 0% Service Connected

Predischarge Exam

10/02/2004

fibromyalgia 40% Service Connected   01/05/2016

• HadIt.com Elder

Shreakthetank1

check and see if they sent your rating sheet in your last award.? (sometimes they don't send it)...that should tell you how they rated you on all your conditions,also check the diagnostic codes for each condition  and check the rating criteria for those conditions that closes to your symptom's 

If I am figuring this all right  you should be 100% and also appeal your EED.

• Adminstrator

This is off of what My VFW regional rep said when I talked to him and then Ebenefits last night.  They made these changes and it still shows at 90%  I have seriously thought about writing a very professional but scathing email to the judge?!

• HadIt.com Elder

So the 8 rates are now changed again? I did the math on what you posted earlier today and got 95.332456, or round to 100%. Do you think they are re-evaluating your disabilities to deny the 100% rating? Before you write the judge, get everything in writing so you can include it with your letter. Second thing, write the letter and then set it aside. Maybe a day. Then re-read it. Then if no changes are necessary, send it certified and copy the DRO.

• Adminstrator

So I have been fighting to keep the scaring and the Dercum's separate.  If you look at my original post they look as if they are now trying to combine them to deny me the 100%  

The one thing I have going for me is the Judge stated the matter of scaring was closed now after giving me 30% so I am not sure who I pissed off at the regional office, but they have it out for me.  They also went against what the judge said on the EEF as it clearly states to move it back to the same time as the starting of the scaring.  

• Adminstrator
7 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

So the 8 rates are now changed again? I did the math on what you posted earlier today and got 95.332456, or round to 100%. Do you think they are re-evaluating your disabilities to deny the 100% rating? Before you write the judge, get everything in writing so you can include it with your letter. Second thing, write the letter and then set it aside. Maybe a day. Then re-read it. Then if no changes are necessary, send it certified and copy the DRO.

Yes they changed the 10% is now 60% but they have not given me the 100%, so I am waiting to see what they do today.  

• HadIt.com Elder

So I think you are saying that the just changed the disabilities page on ebennies for one from 10 to now 60%. When did that happen; like this am.? Maybe it is just the nature of ebenies that it isn't reliable  like we say all the time and you really need to wait until everything is in writing Schrek. You don't want to get caught with egg on your face.