VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision review

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry; no clue. Obviously, it is going to depend, in part, on what the DRO is supposed to accomplish ex. get med records, schedule new tests, scheduling whatever, etc.

If you go to the BVA chairman's report, and scroll down, you can get to the "remand factor".  If you do that for year 2018 (most recent available) you get 467 days.  

https://www.bva.va.gov/docs/Chairmans_Annual_Rpts/BVA2018AR.pdf

Of course, I agree with GBARMY, no one really knows and certainly not VA, and  most certainly not me.  

"In theory", Ramp will make that faster.  We will see.  

Oh wow, so we could be waiting for 400+ more days?  Think I’m gonna cry. My husband does not like to file another claim will there is one in the works.  We have been waiting to file for sleep apnea secondary to Diabetes/ cads.  Of course he has been wearing a cpap for like 9 yrs now. He just had a new study done and he has very serious sleep apnea.  I ask if he has pulmonary hypertension too, she told me we would have to ask his cardio,  looks like they could tell from the pulmonary function test.  So I’ll call cardio  on Monday.  But she did say as bad as his apnea is he most like does.  He stopped breathing 82 time during the sleep study.  So  I personally think he should go ahead and file.

• HadIt.com Elder

Treysonna, there is no "correct" answer for you folks on whether or not you should go ahead and file new claims or wait until this current one gets settled. We don't know other factors about your husband's  condition, how old he is, his otherwise physical or emotional condition, etc.. I think you have to face some serious decision making. IMO. You should get cardio situations as S-C disabilities started. 82 times for OSA is very serious; he could have a stroke or heart attack any night, sorry to say. IMO it would be better to go ahead and file so you can have "coverage" with claims in the works if something bad happens. DIC could also come into play because more conditions might be cause of death that are VA disabilities. We wish you well.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just my  opinion

If all his conditions are service related  to included all secondary's I'd certainly file on them   and let the VA figure them all out , filing other claims should not delay what the has already filed for,  they get to each claim accordingly and when they get to it or get that for along with your hubbys claims.  I can understand your hubby frustrations with his present claims  most of us has been there too!...filing now assured he is in the que and as GB Army mention incase anything happens  you should have no problem with DIC. 

Get what your hubby deserves.