VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental in AMA Timeline

Rate this question

Miken2c74

Question

Original claim opened in Nov 2013 (Legacy)

Claimed Denied Dec 2014 (Legacy)

Submitted NOD in Jun 2015 (Legacy)

Opted into RAMP July 2018

Denied Ramp May 2019

Supplemental Claim open June 2019 ( In decision phase now per VA)

Flat feet (aggrivated due to ) From original claim date ( new DBQ, Medical opinion, Nexus, lay statement) On supplemental claim

Knee condition from original claim date  also supplemental claim (New DBQ, Medical opinion, Nexus , Lay statement) on supplemental claim

Back condition from original claim date rated 20%

Fibro Denied

Hip condition denied

I am waiting to see how this comes out (nerve racking)

• HadIt.com Elder

Miken2c74 What do mean GBArmy may be right.? I'm always right. Well except one time, but then I was mistaken:>)

Has anyone ever had contact to the person working on your claim ? Like email, phone call or something like that?

I have had IMO rejected by the VA twice, once in 2017 for my back and this month for GERD, Hiatal Hernia, and Gastritis.  In my case all roads lead back to the original VA doctor that performed my C&P exams to make a “judgement” call on my private doctors letter.  Both rejected it and upheld their denial of disabilities.  I won the appeal for my back because the evidence was in equipoise. And just submitted another appeal arguing the same thing for the other conditions.  They have to give the benefit of doubt to the veteran.  There is case law on this.   A BVA judge will approve an appeal based on that.

Edited by Supply Guy
Grammar

So I received an email from the person who is working on my claim, he was actually answering another question. As I read his reply I realized he said I am working on your case so I figured I would write him an email and this is what I wrote

Greeting Mr. R,

Thanks so much for your email and I am honestly truly grateful for your communication as this is the first time I have ever been contacted in any way other than a decision letter of "denial"  with a person working with my case. Again thank you. Mr.R, I wouldn't know if this inappropriate to contact you in reference to my claim but I have to try. I want to help to make some sense of my claim for aggravation of Pes Planus and direct service connection of my knee condition as I believe that in understanding how chronologically this whole thing fits together  is significant. I originally filed this claim for my feet and knees respectfully in November 2013, when I am honest I didn't understand what I was doing so I filed everything secondary to my feet. That claim was denied and the proceeding claims have been also. Here recently (last couple years) coincidentally I come to understand that the process is not hard to navigate if you have the right understanding "Caluza". I had Caluza but in the wrong format.  In Aug 2018, I was finally given the opportunity to attend an exam which was characterized as a General medical C&P for my musculoskeletal disabilities, which was the first and only exam of that time period for these disabilities respectfully. Needless to say this exam was neither accurate nor adequate as described in my letter dated October 9, 2019. As a result of this exam and the resulting medical opinion by someone else other than the examiner (Jan 2019), I had an IMO/IME performed by Dr. Stargardt and submitted a 20-0995 with these DBQs/medical opinions ( originally dated 05/29/19 formally reviewed 10/08/2019)  and this claim also was inevitably denied also. After this denial instead of giving up I wrote  my lay statement as it pertains to the Aug 2018 exam because the decisions after this exam reflected the same inaccuracies as the exam. I did my best to outline what was said and done to the best my recollection.  I was unaware previously that I could state  inaccuracies  about this exam. Also during this time I submitted lay statements from my employer/Supervisor (Darryl Smith) dated 10/10/2019 and a statement from my wife (Monika Hunter) of 16 years dated 10/11/2019. I also submitted some post military records (American Medical Center). Some statements pertaining to my ankylosis of the knees.

Mr. R , please take a look at these pieces of evidence as I believe if the information in these documents are read, my disability picture will become clearer. Mr. R  Thank you so much for your time and have a great day.

I have written another email to the same person with no reply, I have also written an IRIS.

What do you think?