VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU granted along with possible DOD Disability Rating

Rate this question

Amazing Becky

Question

I was granted TDIU P&T last week. Today I received a no reply email from Ebenefits. It stated that they aware of my separating from the military and have received a DOD disability rating. Originally, the Army gave me the boot with a general discharge and busted down in rank. I had PTSD while in service and didn’t know it, but they knew something was off. During my original claim I’m 2014 the VSR found markers while still in the service that showed signs of PTSD. Does anyone know if it’s possible that I am now being granted a medical retirement due to the evidence the VA found? Has this happened to anyone? 

We all know that ebenefits is unreliable so do not put too much hope to that.  On the other hand that would be nice if it happened.  It would end your insurance issues.

@vetquest You’re right...sadly. I started getting excited, but ebenefits is notorious for being unreliable. It’s probably a mistake. I emailed my VSO, but she is out of town until next week. If by some miracle it is medical retirement I’ll update you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Amazing Becky We all hope for the good news for you. One thing you should consider is to explore upgrading your discharge when this gets confirmed. See if you can move up from general to honorable. I believe that they usually have a numeric code which indicates in general terms what category it was placed in; found on your dd214. Google the code. I don't know if they upgrade all types of General Discharges, but I'd recommend exploring. Certainly if your behavior was compromised by PTSD, you should be a candidate. And let us know. Good luck on all.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey, why not Becky. Maybe, the Army, the terric organization we all know and love, might even give you a bump up instead just reinstate. You think!

Well, I went on MilConnect today and it looks like I’m eligible for Tricare. Beneficiary Web Enrollment popped up under my benefits. The site states it only pops up if you are entitled to Tricare Benefits. I’m not able to enroll until November when enrollment opens up. The only way I’d qualify for this is due to medical retirement. Ebenefits says I now have an honorable discharge. I’m not sure what to make of all this and am a bit confused.