VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What does "Compensation Issue" term mean??

Rate this question

ed33

Question

Hi everyone, 

So my appeal was closed on July 15. I haven't received my letter yet but under the issues tab on va.gov, where it used to say the items i was appealing, it now says "compensation issue." Is that normally what it says just when they close the review? Has anyone seen any other terminology in that section?

Thanks for your input.

• HadIt.com Elder

Compensation issue simply mean your claim is for disability compensation as opposed to some other kind of claim Maybe upgrade for discharge for example. Most claims that are submitted are designated ci. Nothing to worry about.

I had the same thing, the Va accepted my claim on 07/20/20 and closed the supplemental claim on 07/24/20. This is my 2nd supplemental claim with and medical opinion that my attorney had got to help with the increase of PTSD from 50 to 70 resulting in IU. I am really confused though. so did they close the claim meaning they denied it again or what? If anyone has any feedback, let me know.

I found out when the supplemental claim is closed again you have reopen it for a higher review. It appears that the VA didn't even look at it according to my lawyer. In other words, total discounting new evidence and the medical opinion. so why are they working in the claims department if that are going to pass the buck again.

If your lawyer felt they totally disregarded your new evidence-meaning they ignored it completely  ( and if it was received  timely by VA -there are deadlines for almost everything, ) and VA also disregarded your medical opinion, then the lawyer could pursue a CUE in the appeal period.

That tactic has worked for many here (including me)

HRL has been pretty good at finding CUE prior to a decision being made, since the regulations changed re: HRL but your lawyer can file ASAP as well.

I have plenty of info on that in our CUE forum. The M21-1MR change is there as well.