VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HR 840

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Bill to have children under 12 taking care of while in treatment would have been nice to know why this had been delayed so long it’s passed in the House in Feb and now apparently it’s sitting in the Denates house of committee of veteran affairs does anyone know where or why it would just be sitting there. I just want to light a fire under someone’s ass like I did with the Delaware tax exemption changed for disabled veterans in New Castle County. I would be thrilled to be able to get my TBI treatment based on a schedule instead of whenever I have daycare sitter for two kids...

A582033E-0079-45E7-A108-FEE0924DB351.png

ECDE887B-6667-4D95-91F7-C53A4C869254.png

Edited by jfrei

6 answers to this question

So just an update I’ve been in contact with my local senator whose looking sat giving me an update on what the deal is...I’m sure the process is going to be longer then a VA appeal but what the hell 😂 

• HadIt.com Elder

The key word is politics. It's going to sit in committee until they first can get enough support that it would pass on its own if they moved it out of committee. Then, the committee chairman won't move it out of committee until the Senate leadership can couple it with another bill so they both (or several others together) will pass as a group. As Vetquest said, it could take years; hopefully not. The wind is changing in Congress: seems to be politically correct to support veteran issues these days. Hope it stays that way!

Just got off the phone with my States senators office they will be looking into the Bill and why it’s just sitting in the VA committee for me and give me any updates with regard to why it’s stalled. So the politics will show its true colors to see What where and why and how to get it brought up for a vote in the senate....