Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do you find yourself always repeating information that you’ve already posted on the board?

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

PNG image.png Do you find yourself always repeating information that you’ve already posted on the board? 

It happens to many of us we know we’ve answered the same question, but we can’t find where the answer you posted is. Why not start a blog for all the common answers you give, when the question comes up again you just give them a link to your blog post. It saves you time, gives the veterans instant access to consistent information, if some of the information changes in your answer you just need to update the blog post once. It will also help build a great knowledge base for future veterans coming to the site. So help yourself and help the community! Create a blog here https://community.hadit.com/blogs/create/ the same forum guidelines and rules apply to the blog, no religion or politics and no bashing other members etc. 

I hope our elders take advantage of this they have a ton of institutional knowledge that would be perfect for blogs.

For example some members have information, documents, and maps that would be a great addition to the blog.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I believe this is a great idea. 

I have found and continue to find a treasure trove of info on this site in various areas of the site. But, sometimes finding what others allude to being out 'there' is kinda hard to nail down, as there is so much to go through, and yes a lot of it is good but what comes up with keyword searches is old info, and it seems that relevance changes often. 

So, I am hopeful that the heavy hitters on here do what you suggest. I envision a dream resource where one of these experienced members blogs could just be a list of links, with relevant descriptions of each link, the descriptions could be phrased as questions. I know this would help me. 

So, I have a question about blog creation, the 'name' the first blank on creation, is that the 'usrname' or a new 'name' for the blog?

I can see where I can use the blog to make it easier on myself and others as with my cognitive issues it takes me more written material than what is ever necessary, so, that I can visualize it,  to be satisfied that I have made my point, whether it is a statement or a question, even though I try to keep in mind that this puts an extra burden on others, without putting the burden on me for something I can't change without too much of a tremendous drain on my internal resources.

I also see it as 'journey' blog. I have some relevant document links that I have found, that should be shared and easy for others to find at later times.  As with a lot of us I presume, I have valid doubts that I will live long enough to finish my journey, I would like others to benefit from what has become an obsessive task.

Thanks, I think this is a great idea, let me know if these ideas fall within the intended use.

Great Idea TBird- I will start a blog for what I feel will get much input from Blue Water Navy veterans , per the pending AO regulations for them, and/ or their survivors....

The recent HR 299 decision is still unknown in the vast veterans community-and not National News yet---

I have much posted here already in the AO forum but a separate blog for Blue Water Navy Vets -Agent Orange-

will help a lot.

Just minutes ago I posted a response to a Op Frequent Wind vet- whose ship is on the most recent list from VA, of ships exposed to AO.

Other vets whose ship is not on the list ( but could be in the future) could potentially  also prove they were in the 12 mile limit with their Deck Logs, and their period of service when they were within the 12 mile limit.

Not all BWN AO vets will fall under Nehmer-Footnote One, but 

Many will, however ,as many of us here did with Nehmer 2010, so I can explain that again in the blog.

Widows claims under the new regulations also will be different than the usual DIC regulations- I can explain that too.

I was with JR, the great John Rossie, and am a  member of the original BWN Vietnam Veterans Association, and it was at least 12 or maybe 15 years ago when I worked out an amendment call the Blue Water Navy AO Equity Act-with JR and so  much happened since then and many amendments could not get the votes they needed to pass H and S, but HR 299 did !!!!!!

There is also the Procipio decision, which I can explain as well at the blog.

Edited by Berta
added more

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Founder
15 hours ago, ToxicSgt73 said:

I believe this is a great idea. 

I have found and continue to find a treasure trove of info on this site in various areas of the site. But, sometimes finding what others allude to being out 'there' is kinda hard to nail down, as there is so much to go through, and yes a lot of it is good but what comes up with keyword searches is old info, and it seems that relevance changes often. 

So, I am hopeful that the heavy hitters on here do what you suggest. I envision a dream resource where one of these experienced members blogs could just be a list of links, with relevant descriptions of each link, the descriptions could be phrased as questions. I know this would help me. 

So, I have a question about blog creation, the 'name' the first blank on creation, is that the 'usrname' or a new 'name' for the blog?

You can name your blog what you want, just keep it clean and non violent.

I can see where I can use the blog to make it easier on myself and others as with my cognitive issues it takes me more written material than what is ever necessary, so, that I can visualize it,  to be satisfied that I have made my point, whether it is a statement or a question, even though I try to keep in mind that this puts an extra burden on others, without putting the burden on me for something I can't change without too much of a tremendous drain on my internal resources.

I also see it as 'journey' blog. I have some relevant document links that I have found, that should be shared and easy for others to find at later times.  As with a lot of us I presume, I have valid doubts that I will live long enough to finish my journey, I would like others to benefit from what has become an obsessive task.

Thanks, I think this is a great idea, let me know if these ideas fall within the intended use.

Yes it sounds like these ideas would make a great blog for yourself.

Tbird

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Founder
14 hours ago, Berta said:

Great Idea TBird- I will start a blog for what I feel will get much input from Blue Water Navy veterans , per the pending AO regulations for them, and/ or their survivors....

The recent HR 299 decision is still unknown in the vast veterans community-and not National News yet---

I have much posted here already in the AO forum but a separate blog for Blue Water Navy Vets -Agent Orange-

will help a lot.

Just minutes ago I posted a response to a Op Frequent Wind vet- whose ship is on the most recent list from VA, of ships exposed to AO.

Other vets whose ship is not on the list ( but could be in the future) could potentially  also prove they were in the 12 mile limit with their Deck Logs, and their period of service when they were within the 12 mile limit.

Not all BWN AO vets will fall under Nehmer-Footnote One, but 

Many will, however ,as many of us here did with Nehmer 2010, so I can explain that again in the blog.

Widows claims under the new regulations also will be different than the usual DIC regulations- I can explain that too.

I was with JR, the great John Rossie, and am a  member of the original BWN Vietnam Veterans Association, and it was at least 12 or maybe 15 years ago when I worked out an amendment call the Blue Water Navy AO Equity Act-with JR and so  much happened since then and many amendments could not get the votes they needed to pass H and S, but HR 299 did !!!!!!

There is also the Procipio decision, which I can explain as well at the blog.

@Berta Your information would be perfect for this here's a link to your posts https://community.hadit.com/berta-simmons-posts/

Tbird

Great idea.  Example:  Many of us volunteers tire of answering questions which begin, "How long does it take VA to _______?"   While this is a great question, and one that people certainly want to know, the VA makes sure the answer to this question is always:

It depends.  

And we dont want that answer.  We need to make plans on how long we have to starve our family before our check comes in.  As important as this question is, VA carefully "eludes" the answer.  Social Security will tell you that, when you apply for social security, they are supposed to have an answer in 120 days.  Period.  (This does not count appeals).  Someone in Social Security will be assigned to their case, and, if yours is not complete in 120 days, their supervisor wants a very good explanation of why not.  

Not VA.  Its the opposite.  Instead, VA managers will say:   Do you think you can delay this claim until next year again??  We cant afford retro on this budget for that claim so think up some more glitches to run into next year.    You know, lose their key evidence, lose their file, etc. etc. etc.  While VA management will publicly deny they do this, far too many Veterans will attest that glitch after glicth plagues their claims, going on for decades.  My claim began April 2002, and now it looks like it wont be finished until AT least 2020..18 years.  Mine is now at the BVA for the 6th time.  Remands, denials, wrong effective date...you name it and VA figured out a glitch.  I learned I was not "special", the Va does this to many.  So many, that it appears there has to be VA employees making these glitches appear when none were there.  

• HadIt.com Elder

It may work and may not?

I find that most ''newbies'' come here don't read other post that may be beneficial to their questions , they just post and ask ''their'' questions

I don't mind repeating my self to a new member  if this is what it takes to help other veterans with their claims   so be it.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!