VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Excuses don’t outweigh the evidence

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So residuals of a TBI with ptsd as a system are 100%, my migraines are at 50%, and my tinnitus is at 10% which all are secondary to the TBI, how is it they feel like they can rate me 30% for my tracheotomy scar from my TBI and not consider it secondary it’s very dumb issue I believe.? I don’t know if it would require them more benefits having one issue giving me Over 200%.... I know three is usually the max but a blatant scar issue resulting from the coma from the TBI is completely ridiculous...

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jfrei, I'm not clear what you are saying. Did you get a 30% for the scar, or was it denied? Or they did award it at 30% but it was s-c on its own? If so, how? Just trying to understand.

I’m saying it was SC at 30% but saw it’s not secondary to my sTBI the reason I had to have scar in my throat due to being in a coma but hey I can’t start being picky I got something I’m grateful just find it stupid that it’s not considered a secondary disability due to my sTBI 

• HadIt.com Elder

If you're happy, I'm happy. But, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer either. There has to be an explanation in the decision letter, and/or the C&P exam. I don't know how a coma can cause a scar. Ain't possible. That said, I am don't see having it secondary to anything matters much, as it is a 30% rating and you did receive it. If you're good, I'm good.

• HadIt.com Elder
35 minutes ago, jfrei said:

I’m saying it was SC at 30% but saw it’s not secondary to my sTBI the reason I had to have scar in my throat due to being in a coma but hey I can’t start being picky I got something I’m grateful just find it stupid that it’s not considered a secondary disability due to my sTBI 

jfrei,

Don't be afraid to get what you deserve  my friend TBI's can cause you a lot of medical problems on down the road.....I believe some of the VA Employees are not up to date on rating of a TBI  rating  vs Direct  Primary or Secondary Conditions. (Do Research on This)

*Note* Coma was not the reason of his scar  it was the tracheotomy  performed on his throat  so he could breath probably when the TBI First occurred.(JMO)

Right about the cause of the scar Buck why they have no reason not to call it secondary. I mean I know they have a limit on how many secondary you can have but they saw what the cause is in the exam which was to breathe while unconscious after the TBI occurred yet they didn’t make it a secondary condition. Just annoying I guess I just wanted to see since my claim for SMC T failed as they said it wasn’t severe enough because they failed to make two other of my service connected disabilities secondary to my TBI like 30% I’m connected for dizziness and lightheadedness and the 30% for my scars. Just pondering as I do in the mornings driving myself mad lol.