VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc K for ptsd house bound

Rate this question

ShilohLee

Question

I’ve heard to apply and I’ve heard they will award for housebound for ptsd even filed and printed the form and see the doctor tommorow...but is this true they will award for this? I mean I don’t go anywhere I’m not fit for anything in public I never seem to make it to any appointments due to panic attacks ect.....is it this simple as filing the form with my pcp ect? she handles all my meals and keeping me bathed ect 

ebennies let me file for it and just gave me a link and with instructions to have my pcp to fill it out.

anyone with any experience or thoughts, advice or guidance here? 

It’s so hard to even ask for help or get anything out of them I don’t want to humiliate myself or make a fool of myself if it can be avoided even if it means losing out on 347$ or whatever it is.....but me and the kids deserve every dollar we can get..... 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure where you get the idea that you can get SMC (k) just because you are housebound; you get it if you have ED and you can service-connect, (s-c). If you receive a disability for PTSD, many veterans are awarded it if their meds cause the ED. So you are claiming the ED is secondary to your PTSD because of your meds. The benefit is  an additional $108.00, and you shouldn't be humiliated; if you are granted the benefit it is because you deserve it due to your service, just like any injury comp. I am not sure your PCP has to fill out the dbq, however. It would make the process turn-around faster, if he/she does, but I think even if you sent just an email thru secure messaging to your doc and then made a copy of that and submitted that with your request for the benefit, that would be enough for the VA to have a C&P for it. The reason I say that is because it is a SMC; the VA is supposed to be pro-active on benefits for veterans when SMC's are to be considered. Take extra steps to ensure that you make the C&P exam appointment, or they will deny. Keep us posted how you do. 

GB I believe ShilohLee is referring to SMC (s) Housebound which is an additional $347.

Don't be embarrassed or ashamed to ask for help. Always remember because of your service to our country by serving in the military has caused you these disabilities. 

6 hours ago, ShilohLee said:

but me and the kids deserve every dollar we can get

This is a very true statement, so apply and don't give up for you and your family deserve it. Good luck

• HadIt.com Elder
13 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

GB I believe ShilohLee is referring to SMC (s) Housebound which is an additional $347.

Don't be embarrassed or ashamed to ask for help. Always remember because of your service to our country by serving in the military has caused you these disabilities. 

This is a very true statement, so apply and don't give up for you and your family deserve it. Good luck

Yes I believe he is referring to the SMC S (Housebound )  vs SMC K    or K-1 loss of use as Paul suggested,

Here  is one of asknod post about the SMC K  vs SMC-K-1

so actually there are different levels of SMC K  or SMC K-1

Depending on the loss of use of a body part...loss of use for drop foot would be one SMC-K  loss of use of your hand  would be another SMC K -1 and on down the line for loss of use of a body part. kinda the way I understand it

''38 CFR §3.350(a) grants the identical same thing -SMC at the (k) rate in VAspeak''. 

''''VA idiots annotate that in many different formats that vary from the AOJ , the BVA or even the Court.''

Thus, SMC K is identical to SMC (k) is identical to SMC K(1) or K-1. It is earned by the loss of one or more of six enumerated items unless you are androgynous''.

Then possibly seven (eight?).''

Edited by Buck52