Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam at the VA

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I have been scheduled for a C&P exam with the VA. I have never had a C&P with the VA itself. My question is what should I expect?

I am concerned that they will be more arbitrary than seeing QTC or other contractor.

What should I expect? It is a re-exam for my back.

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

54 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

You have been a great reporter of fact

Thanks Geeky I am not one looking for attention. I also know it won't do me any good if I am not correct on the facts, otherwise I can get the great advice I get from folks like you, Buck, GB, Bronco, vetquest, sherk, to name just some. This site has helped me with my claims by reading others issues and what they will do to correct them.

57 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

smells like developing to deny

I am thinking the same, I hope I am wrong. It looks like I will have to pay to have an IMO written, I hate spending money when we should not have too.

For me I will never understand when VA folks will say things like "you should apply for anything else when you hit 100%" or "it will be denied but the BVA will probably approve it". For me if it is not helpful or does not encourage then keep it to yourself.  I get frustrated enough with my issues without adding stress in my life.

12 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

I hope we are wrong

I hope so too GB...I hope I am crying wolf before there is an issues. 

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

Another thing the NP asked me (three times) am I using my CPAP machine? Now I have no idea what this has to do with my back, but she wanted to know.

I am aware that technically I do not have to use my CPAP if I want to take the chance with my life, but the more I think about the NP asking me the more I think they are wanting to look at everything.

I hope I never go to the VA itself for a C&P, they do seem to want to deny you or say "gotcha you" if you say something wrong.

Sorry just venting a little more.

16 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

just venting a little more.

Vent away...that little nugget i would document the hell out of. Look in Blue Button for the order for her to do your exam. If not there write to Janesville for all files since yoyr last cfile

Something is wrong and it stinks to hell of development to deny

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul

These examiner  NP 's are bad about it  but they have in front of them all your s.c. conditions And your entire VA HEALTH HISTORY  in the computer ,C-FIile and all  rather your there for any of them is irrelevant , they can read all about your conditions your claiming or trying to claim or Service connect.(To see if they can catch you in a lie) jmo

...they for some reason get off track as to what their there for and just start asking questions   even about conditions that your not claiming in this C&P Exam..were just suppose to answer their questions and be nice..

I have said this to some examiners    when they ask me about a condition I have  like sleep apnea  if its not relevant to My Claim  I say Mam/Sir excuse me but I am here to service connect my Back   not talk about my sleep apnea , but to answer your question  yes I use a C-pap every night,  now can we get back on course the reason I am here for this C&P    ect,,,ect,,,  something along these line  but do not raise your voice or seem up set and mad  be relaxed and   calm.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

12 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

but do not raise your voice or seem up set and mad  be relaxed and   calm.

hahahaha I am 100% for PTSD. I can get as mad as I want. Dumbasses would just blame it on the PTSD instead of my contempt for their idiocy. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬