Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam at the VA

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I have been scheduled for a C&P exam with the VA. I have never had a C&P with the VA itself. My question is what should I expect?

I am concerned that they will be more arbitrary than seeing QTC or other contractor.

What should I expect? It is a re-exam for my back.

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

5 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

She said this was because of a Supreme Court ruling.

now this is a news blip.  I would be digging deep into SCOTUS rulings on this statement.

It is well written. Not legal sounding, but just like a normal person would write.

I hope she responds and gets you a new exam and provides a rationale for your experience.

She had the Chairman of the Board for the BVA respond to me, so I am pretty confident she will respond or have someone else.

I wish I remember what the case was called but I will research this.

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

I just received a call from one of the Chief of Staff staff. He called to address my concerns with my C&P yesterday. He first started off by saying that a veteran should always apply for disabilities even if they were 100%. He used an example of a heart condition and how a vet needs to get it service connected because if you should die of a heart attack and it is service connected your spouse would be entitled to DIC. He said the VA does not look at reducing people when they file and that the NP was wrong for saying that. 

He apologized for what I went through at the exam and that the NP should not have pushed me beyond my limits. He was not sure of the Supreme Court decision she had mentioned but said he would look into it. He also said he will forward my email to the health side of the VA to ensure things like this does not happen again. He was saying they do not want to cause pain to the vet when performing the exam.

I am pleased with the call, will it solve anything I do not know. But I do know when you email the chief of staff she does have someone respond and try to resolve the issues. For me that is all I can ask for, good customer service.

Nice of them to follow up.  I had a similar situation as you.  Bad/inadequate psyc. C&P.  Wrote a complaint to the BVA chief.  Also uploaded it to ebenefits.  I did however get to do the C&P over.  So I guess it did something.  They second C&P was a lot less controversial.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul, last recommendation (maybe) on this issue.He addressed all the things that we were concerned about. Put a cherry on top. In ebenies, add to your claim what you discussed and comments from the Chief of Staff. Address the letter to him personally, with some version of "Dr. X, I just wanted to be sure that I heard you correctly weh we spoke yesterday, Sep.19th. Yous aid.... Please advise if any of the conversation I remembered is incorrect." That ties it all together.

HB that is a good suggestion l, I will have to do that. I have done similar things at work when I have discussed things over the phone I will follow it up with an email. I do this for two reasons the first to make sure there was no misunderstanding of our conversation and the second is so I have it in record that we had the conversation and what we discussed.