VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about EED?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When a Veteran is service connected with a  percent  say he was service connected at 0% in 1999  and appeal and later on in 1999 he was awarded a 50% S.C. Rating ,

then in 2002 filed for increase an was awarded an increase of 10%  &30%  m aking his increase to 40%   ok at this same time he was given TDIU P&T no future exams scheduled and his S.C. Condition is not expected to Improve within his life time...so actually he  has a 90% combined rating and also TDIU P&T  Paid at the 100% rate due to he could not work.

ok he was awarded the 50% in 1999 and given  the IU in 2003. his 50% has made the 20 year protection correct?

but the other part  the 40%that was increased to 90% and Given TDIU  P&T in 2003  will they go back to the EED for both of these percentages to the year 1999??  the 50% and the other 40% he got in 2003 as an Increase?  

Or is the 50%  part go the only  part  that is eligible for the 20 year rule?

or does the Veteran need to wait on the year 2021/2022  for his total  20 year protection??

Thanks  in Advance Anyone 

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, I second it; Great Advise. I do it too, every chance I get. A mom or relative will come up and say, thank you for your service. Invariably, I will ask if they have military in their family. If the say, yup, Johnny is currently in...I say, Look i'm going to give you the best advise you will get in a month. You tell Johnny (or Jane) ANY time they go to medical, they get a copy that it is documented. I've had some come back and say, well it's all different now; times have changed. Then its, yes, times have changed, but the VA Benefits hasn't. Records mysteriously get lost, sometimes. If you get a copy, you are confident that it is in the system, not forgotten. That can't happen if Johnny has a copy. They finally get it (I think-you know, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.)