Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Diagnosis But Submitted Claim

Rate this question

oldtimer15

Question

Sorry to bother everyone, but I have a few questions about the claims process.

Has anyone ever been approved for PTSD or another mental health disorder without first getting a diagnosis?

I recently filed for PTSD and anxiety and had a C&P exam. The C&P examiner said I had symptoms of PTSD. Does her filling out the DBQ suffice for a diagnosis?

Or am I probably going to get denied?

If I get denied, should I go to the VA and then get an official diagnosis?

Apologies if these are rookie questions.

Thank you for the help.

9 minutes ago, Valhalla0321 said:

This is good advice, My new claim of ptsd got deferred and i have another one of many i have already had CnP exam outsourced. I have been diagnosed years ago and taking medz, however VA asks for a lot more and even if you provide a couple records that show trauma they will still say then need something else.. i feel ya, im going through this to... 

And to make it more difficult .. my rep keeps saying " your maxed out" withdrawal your claim".. .aye yaye yaye..

Valhalla0321, sorry to know about what you have to go through. 😞

Shrek is spot on...don't quit...it is now upto you to get the job done. You have great advice here, all you need to do is follow it.

Good luck!

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

• HadIt.com Elder

oldtimer

'' In Fear for your life'' can be a stressor, driving the mean streets of Iraq, I remember driving in country in Vietnam  and knowing a sniper may have his sights set on my head...that my friend is fear for your life....I was not in the gulf wars and these were two very different wars but fear is fear in any country.  and it has a long term effect.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

its called ''not knowing the unknown''

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder
8 hours ago, oldtimer15 said:

Thanks, Buck52. I hope so. Can't imaging paying out of pocket for care for some of the other issues (non-PTSD) I have. Thank you.

oldtime15

you can sign up at your VAMC (Veterans Admin Medical Center)

Get your health care there  some Dr's are reluctant to help with claims  but you will need medical  documentation to help you with your claims   and normally  PTSD for compensation purposes  needs to be diagnose from the VA.

but its free health care and a paper trail start.

you also can sign up for Myhealthvet /ebenefits to track your health  progress notes the Dr's  write up in there report from any VA Medical Visit Appointment. or medical procedure.

And you can refill your prescriptions via  Myhealthvet  and private secure message your PCP or any speciality clinics. if you need something or ask a question.  ect,,,ect,,,

Myhealthevet is in conjunction with e-benefits   you will need to get  sign up for that , also it is separate account  but you can access it through myhealthevet

you can get an account for both of these at your local VAMC .