VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Needing a CPAP Machine

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder
8 hours ago, vetquest said:

We are welfare cases aren't we?  Oh, I forgot welfare is for people that have not worked or are healthy.  We are unhealthy because we paid for our care with our health and several years of our lives.

Ain't that the truth vetquest....🙁

Bronco yes I will get it next week, I just had to keep complaining to get one.

13 hours ago, broncovet said:

I earned my health care at VA.  I could have earned 5 times as much money had I not been in the military

That is so very true you did earn it; nothing is being given to you. Let's be honest if we did not serve in the military especially in a combat zone, we would all be so much better off. Finically and our health would be so much better.

13 hours ago, broncovet said:

many VA employees treat us "as if" we are welfare cases and that we deserve to wait because we are getting free care. 

What VA benefits we get we have earned by serving our country and sacrificing our bodies, this sure the hell is not welfare.

8 hours ago, vetquest said:

We are unhealthy because we paid for our care with our health and several years of our lives.

So very true!!!!!

38 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

This is BS Paul

I remember when the VA gave me my C-PAP Machine  there were about 7or 8 of us at the sleep clinic  and we went into this room where they had stacks and stacks of Brand New C-Pap Machines (maybe 150/200 or so.

I agree...as I had told them all I am needing is a new machine and supplies, no training, no sleep study, I know how to use one. It's like the idiot who asked you if your machine is plugged in when it was not working...yes, I would know if it is not plugged in.

The really crazy part is many VA employees are veterans themselves and yet they still treat us this way.

I have to agree with above comments about negative attitudes of many VA health care employees including doctors toward us vets and our disability benefits including the GD VA examiners.

I finally realized being a slow learner that the reason for these anti-veteran attitudes by some civilians and VA employees is very simple and that is a common American disease known as "PETTY JEALOUSY".

These people (many of them)  including some VA doctors view us vets as common nobody's and they can't stand the fact that we receive this valuable medical and disability benefit tax free year after year.

These are also selfish petty people and they could care less about the hardships and hell many of use went through for the country as young men and teenagers.  They don't want to here it and is waste of time arguing your side of the story.  Sometimes I reply to them by saying "God Bless you " and sometimes I get a big grin out of their facial expression

Edited by Dustoff 11

Its interesting to me.  If you go to work for a COMPANY, and they have some type of disability insurance or medical benefits, well that is a good thing, right?  Ok, that is, UNLESS you are a Veteran and get something somewhat similar..except for one thing.  

We often get our benefits "delayed".  

In other words if you work for a company, they provide health insurance (often) and disabiity insurance (often) but it ends in a relatively short period of time after you no longer work there, unless you retire there.  

But Veterans benefits continues.  And why wouldnt it?  Military service is very very dangerous.  Worse than a police officer, worse than a hang gliding pilot instructor.  

Companies often pay "hazardous duty pay".  What is wrong with that?  In order to motivate people to perform very dangerous jobs, they often offer them money.  

So, we worked in a dangerous job, and many of us suffered some effects in so doing.  

If you have a "workmans comp" claim in many places, and you suffer a injury that ends your career, well sometimes you get paid for that, and why not?  Its like "Ok, we will give you hazardous duty pay, BUT ONLY when you actually get injured".    Some get paid hazard pay whether or not they get injured!  

Mostly that "petty jealousy" is because they dont understand that an injury 20, 30, or even more years ago can lead to permanent injuries.  

Why dont they ask old retired football players?  I read that "virtually all" retired NFL players show evidence of a brain injury at autopsy.  Duh.  When someone crashes into your head at 30 mph, do you think that may cause an injury?  

The NFL players may go on strike next year.  Their contract is up.  They say they want health insurance and disability when they retire.  

I say they should have saved their money while they were in the NFL.  They already "got" hazard duty pay.  If the military paid me 20 million per year, like many football players make, then I wont ask VA for a penny ever.  I will revoke all my benefits, forever..they just need to pay me the 80 million that I should have earned while risking my life in the military.  Give me my 80 million and VA will never see my face again!  

• HadIt.com Elder

I  understand  but what I do I don't let this crap bother me as long as I can get free health care  I could care less what the VA  Dr's  & employees think.

But the VA does have a few caring Dr's That has our heath and well being at heart...Some VA Doc's  do have compassion. 

Although I do check up on my health ..I google all Prescriptions my VA PCP and specialty clinic doc's gives out   some were very interesting to say the least.

.All Veterans should read about medications given by VA Dr's  & specialty clinics the adverse side effects these Meds Can have on us.

But ALL & All after the day ends   VA is all I got for my health care.

so I try to have a good attitude when I go up to my VAMC See the Dr's and check out and get home.

Well I got my CPAP machine and supplies (one years’ worth) yesterday at the VA. I had a 9 am appointment and I showed up at 8:30 am (I hate being late) and I was not seen until 10 am, no wonder they are so back logged to give out the CPAPs. I was not expecting to get a year’s supply but was happy I did, I really don't want to go back there again if I can help it. They already set me up with a follow-up appointment for 1 year from Friday to get me new supplies and to check the pressure on my CPAP is working right (hopefully it is I don't want to wait a year to find out it's not). I used it last night and I really felt like it was much better than my last machine, still needing to adjust to it though. It senses whether or not the machine is being used or not and will either automatically start or stop, I really like this feature. 

While I was waiting there for my appointment another vet came in to get his machine replaced (his was not working) and was told he needs to make an appointment (I don't understand that since I believe they also have a walk-in clinic). I wanted to tell him to email the director but he left (very upset) before I could. The Hampton VAMC really need to get their act together. To many vets are there needing help but are not getting it.

IMG_0374.jpg