Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FSAD female sexual arousal disorder

Rate this question

ruby

Question

I looked this up and it’s 0 rating but you can be eligible for SMC K if you lose ability to reproduce.  Do older men who can’t reproduce still get SMC K.  My MST prevented me from having relationships and I can’t reproduce at my age.  Does anyone have any idea?  It’s in my original mst/ptsd claim from 2006.  

Im looking into filing for sleep apnea my research is leading me to file secondary to pain meds, muscle relaxants, asthma/copd,  mst, all are Sc.  My sleep apnea is severe and I have memory loss on bad days, 3 car accidents and I’m taking a med that makes you more alert, no sex drive for 40 yrs due to mst (Sc).  Sleep apnea and PTSD  are comorbid regardless of what caused the other.  Hypertension  can be secondary to sleep apnea which I’m developing.  Sleep apnea is a risk factor for headaches commonly triggering migraines.  Diabetes is linked to sleep apneA through obesity.  Apnea alters glucose metabolism promotes insulin resistance and may trigger type 2 diabetes.  If it doesn’t cause diabetes it increases the severity of the condition.

There is research that the majority of participants with sleep apnea in this study  also had erectile dysfunction. Doesn’t mention women.

Am I going to overboard with causation factors.

is it a lost cause if you can’t reproduce for the smc k.

Thanks for any knowledge.

Ruby

I’m not older, I’m 43 with nerve impingement and Ed. Smc k is still a thing.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Ruby brokensoldier244t is correct; nothing to do with age. Actually, no disabilities can be denied because of age by the VA. Meds are probably the right course of action, but I would just generalize it and let the VA do the work. Claim SMC (k) Loss of Use of Creative Organ due to meds taken for s s-c disability. Let the VA sort out whether it's meds from PTSD, diabetes, etc. Pays out $110.31 in 2020 on top of your regular disability grant.

My advice:

1.  READ over your medical records to see if its documented.  If not, you will need it documented..

2  As always, if your medical records dont have an etiology opinion (aka a nexus, or "at least as likely as not"), then you will probably need an IMO to get it.  Its not enogh that its "your opinion" (or my opinion) that your MST caused you to be unable to reproduce, this needs to be so stated by a doctor or medical professional compentent to make said opinion.  

SMC K is about 110 per month this year.  

So, if you feel MST is the etiology of your apparent inabliltiy to reproduce, then ask your doctor to so state in your records.  If he will not, then you will need an IMO of this opinion.  

The VA does not "connect the dots" between an in service event and your current diagnosis and symptoms.  YOU have to provide a doctor who gives you a current diagnosis, and a nexus.  It sounds like you already have the "in service event" for your current compensation.  

You can go ahead and apply for this benefit.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I  WOULD FILE  ON THE SLEEP APNEA AND THE LOSS OF USE OF A BODY ORGAN. 

IF THEY GIVE YOU THE SMC K IT LIKELY WILL BE 0% SERVICE CONNECTED , BUT THEY WILL PAY THE ADDITIONAL $$110.31 IN ADDITION TO WHAT YOU ALREADY ARE RECEIVING .

THE SLEEP APNEA WILL USUALLY GET YOU THE 50% USING A PRESCRIBE C-PAP MACHINE THAT THE Dr mention was necessary  medically to use and if the S.A. is severe enough may render you a 100% rating.  if you are approved for these along with what you have been service connected for and a rating given  you may qualify for more SMC/s

if you never had OSA in military ,FILE BOTH CLAIMS AS SECONDARY TO  TO YOUR  ( MST  PTSD) AND THE MEDS YOU BEEN TAKING. 

YOU MAY NEED A Sleep Dr to help you or give is opinion that the osa IS CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO  YOUR MST-PTSD AND THE MEDICATIONS YOU TAKE.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Thanks everyone!  

I believe The FSAD (loss of organ) is in my ptsd/mst claim that was Sc. I’ll ask my psychiatrist if she’ll write a nexus.

in all my md notes they state not to use any of my drugs that can cause apnea for my Sc disabilities which I need .  Sleeping meds, narcotics, muscle relaxants all prescribed for Sc disabilities.  I’ve used a CPAP for since 09 and recently had to go to BiPAP..  

My psych ordered modafinil for the lack of sleep I’m was getting with the CPAP.  It works if anyone has grogginess when they wake up.

I will look for a IMO on the diabetes/sleep apnea/asthma/copd, I have found BVA decisions to support.

I have a new primary very young and I’m sure she won’t write a nexus.

Im going to need A&A in the near future.  

Does anyone have a name of IMO doctor.

Thanks

Ruby

I was able to get osa connected secondary to DDD due to medications and weight gain caused by Doctor recommended inactivity and hypothyroidism (Messes up metabolism big time) caused by physical limitations, and medications for pain and sleep. Secondary is a challenge, it was my only appeal in 17 yrs of various filings since 2002, but I eventually won. Good luck. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)